Page 39 of 65 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: x a possible candidate for y job

Default Re: Klieman a possible candidate for Gophers job

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    Personally, I think he is full of shit. I'm not buying what he is selling, but he was successful at WM, so who knows.

Until he wins in Minny, I'll skeptically watch from afar.
    Its all about his players buying in.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Its all about his players buying in.
    Nope...for Minnesota it's about not losing recruiting battles.

He has rubbed me the wrong way since day 1. I may have posted this before but oh well. On signing day he refused to call them gophers on the radio. He said they're nowfers. They had to earn the right to be called gophers. I thought that was disrespectful to the kids who just signed for you. Also I heard him talking about how he is more involved in recruiting and is not involved in offense or defense as he wants to let his coaches coach. (Brewster). But the part that really got me about that...he said he wants all his assistants to strive to be head coaches someday so thats why he leaves them alone. Okay..

1...I read that in Mike krzyzewskis book too. (Yes I read a book) So, not an original thought. Just seemed fake and plagiaristic to me.

And 2. How long have you been a head coach? Your like 25 years old. Get a little more experience before you start talking like that. Fake fake fake.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post

He has rubbed me the wrong way since day 1. I may have posted this before but oh well. On signing day he refused to call them gophers on the radio. He said they're nowfers. They had to earn the right to be called gophers. I thought that was disrespectful to the kids who just signed for you. Also I heard him talking about how he is more involved in recruiting and is not involved in offense or defense as he wants to let his coaches coach. (Brewster). But the part that really got me about that...he said he wants all his assistants to strive to be head coaches someday so thats why he leaves them alone. Okay..

1...I read that in Mike krzyzewskis book too. (Yes I read a book) So, not an original thought. Just seemed fake and plagiaristic to me.

And 2. How long have you been a head coach? Your like 25 years old. Get a little more experience before you start talking like that. Fake fake fake.
    That seems reasonable and well thought out---But you go with that anyway..........
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

That seems reasonable and well thought out---But you go with that anyway..........
    ???? It's my opinion based on what I listened to him say. Remember...I root for the gophers. Ive been to more gopher games than most people here. I hope I'm wrong...but I don't think I am.
    Last edited by BisonTeacher; 09-20-2017 at 03:41 AM.

???? It's my opinion based on what I listened to him say. Remember...I root for the gophers. Ive been to more gopher games than most people here. I hope I'm wrong...but I don't think I am.
    I don't understand how people can be upset with someone who strives for greatness in everything he does on and off the field. He wants his players to be successful, he wants his coaches to be successful, he wants to change the culture at Minnesota so it's a positive one. I don't find that to be a negative in any aspect especially considering Coach K has established same type of culture at NDSU that Coach Fleck wants at Minnesota.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Rumors about extramarital stuff.
    he already left his wife after 10nyears and 2 KIDS for a skank with tats and fake boobs
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Coaching philosophies are a conglomeration of other coaches philosophies. Coaches are shaped and molded by reading, going to coaching clinics, by the coaches they play for and the coaches the work with and work for. You want original thought?

Ive heard Bohl and Klieman both say they need to step back and let the coaches do their jobs.

The fact is hes the head coach for a reason. The coaches age is irrelevant.

I've heard some candid and interesting thoughts on Fleck from Ben Leber when listening to the Power Trip Monday mornings.

He basically has said that Fleck's rah-rah-row-the-boat shtick will work great with the underclassmen but the upperclassmen will likely be pretty unaffected by it and probably be pretty turned off by it if they start losing.

From afar Fleck looks more like Brewster than Kill. Which is a good thing for NDSU.

Coaching philosophies are a conglomeration of other coaches philosophies. Coaches are shaped and molded by reading, going to coaching clinics, by the coaches they play for and the coaches the work with and work for. You want original thought?

Ive heard Bohl and Klieman both say they need to step back and let the coaches do their jobs.

The fact is hes the head coach for a reason. The coaches age is irrelevant.
    His age only matters with the comment he was making. Its not something you hear a coach at that age and only in like his 4th year being a head coach say. The way he said it youda thought hed been coaching for 30 years. His philosophy is still developing and he is still learning. BTW...Im focusing more on the "I want all my assistants to be head coaches someday part of the comment"

Im not sure if you know this about me because we have never talked about it but I have been coaching for almost 20 years. 3 sports, boys and girls ages 8-18. Not college, (almost got hired once as a college coach). I assume there is a bit of car salesman to every college coach because of recruiting. I have attended quite a few NATIONAL coaches’ clinics with some fairly big names at them and listened to them speak. Ive even heard Darrin Mueller speak at one. (hes a much better coach than a speaker BTW)

In no way does this make me an expert, but the point is, Im well aware that coaches borrow things from one another. Having said that…when I hear a coach speak or heck even when I am speaking to kids and parents, most coaches would phrase it…”I heard Mike Candrea say this once”, or “I read this in John Wooden’s book and I really believe it”. I wouldn’t try to pass off a an idea like that as my own. It felt like it was word for word from the book as I read it.

I was also born with a pretty good BS detector…and the stuff he is slinging smells funny.

Have you watched his defense play? Did it inspire you to want to be a better person? I think sometimes he just gets caught up in the moment when hes talking/preaching and says weird things. And sadly…Minnesotans have been served that chili hot before
    Last edited by BisonTeacher; 09-20-2017 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I've heard some candid and interesting thoughts on Fleck from Ben Leber when listening to the Power Trip Monday mornings.

He basically has said that Fleck's rah-rah-row-the-boat shtick will work great with the underclassmen but the upperclassmen will likely be pretty unaffected by it and probably be pretty turned off by it if they start losing.

From afar Fleck looks more like Brewster than Kill. Which is a good thing for NDSU.
    I heard that too, but didn't take it as you presented it here. This happens with EVERY coaching change(or leadership change in a company). The people that have been there awhile usually roll their eyes and get frustrated. The newbies generally have much higher buy in rate. It's just how it works, no one likes change. This is why Fleck says what he says about success coming later...he needs to get his guys in there for everyone to buy in to what he is selling. The true test of leaders is getting your team to buy in on what your leadership is selling, whether you believe it or not. That goes for football and life.

His age only matters with the comment he was making. Its not something you hear a coach at that age and only in like his 4th year being a head coach say. The way he said it youda thought hed been coaching for 30 years. His philosophy is still developing and he is still learning. BTW...Im focusing more on the "I want all my assistants to be head coaches someday part of the comment"

Im not sure if you know this about me because we have never talked about it but I have been coaching for almost 20 years. 3 sports, boys and girls ages 8-18. Not college, (almost got hired once as a college coach). I assume there is a bit of car salesman to every college coach because of recruiting. I have attended quite a few NATIONAL coaches’ clinics with some fairly big names at them and listened to them speak. Ive even heard Darrin Mueller speak at one. (hes a much better coach than a speaker BTW)

In no way does this make me an expert, but the point is, Im well aware that coaches borrow things from one another. Having said that…when I hear a coach speak or heck even when I am speaking to kids and parents, most coaches would phrase it…”I heard Mike Candrea say this once”, or “I read this in John Wooden’s book and I really believe it”. I wouldn’t try to pass off a an idea like that as my own. It felt like it was word for word from the book as I read it.

I was also born with a pretty good BS detector…and the stuff he is slinging smells funny.

Have you watched his defense play? Did it inspire you to want to be a better person? I think sometimes he just gets caught up in the moment when hes talking/preaching and says weird things. And sadly…Minnesotans have been served that chili hot before
    As a leader, you want everyone to be inspired to work harder and do well. This is one way to motivate those below him to put in extra work, etc. It's simply a motivation tactic. Leadership 101.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.