Page 46 of 65 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: x a possible candidate for y job

Default Re: Klieman a possible candidate for Gophers job

I have kinda thought he has been hinting a bit in his pressers this year that its time. Been saying a lot of...SU will always be good if I am here or not. Tradition belongs to the program not the coach ...just little things like that

Apologies for a bit of thread drift -- but I see on the JMU board they are a bit concerned that they might lose their "beloved" Mike Houston. It's kinda humorous... so tempted to sign up over there and sew seeds of doubt -- "what if he leaves and takes his staff when your trying to repeat?" LOL

I personally think Houston would drop them for the first G5 team that courts him -- he seems that arrogant. Hell, he dropped the Citadel after they beat South Carolina.
    Last edited by NovaBison; 11-22-2017 at 11:14 PM. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    I have kinda thought he has been hinting a bit in his pressers this year that its time. Been saying a lot of...SU will always be good if I am here or not. Tradition belongs to the program not the coach ...just little things like that
    No way he is here for life, guessing his agent is keeping an open eye on the vacant jobs, I do though think he will wait for the right team and job and not just take anything, Plus he really does not have a history of "building a program" so to say as Bohl did, he just took over captain of the ship. Lots of questions on his ability to start from dumpster fire, so guessing that is kind of in the mix also.
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by NovaBison View Post
    Apologies for a bit of thread drift -- but I see on the JMU board they are a bit concerned that they might lose their "beloved" Mike Houston. It's kinda humorous... so tempted to sign up over there and sew seeds of doubt -- "what if he leaves and takes his staff when your trying to repeat?" LOL

I personally think Houston would drop them for the first G5 team that courts him -- he seems that arrogant. Hell, he dropped the Citadel after they beat South Carolina.
    What's wrong with leaving your current job for a better one?
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    No way he is here for life, guessing his agent is keeping an open eye on the vacant jobs, I do though think he will wait for the right team and job and not just take anything, Plus he really does not have a history of "building a program" so to say as Bohl did, he just took over captain of the ship. Lots of questions on his ability to start from dumpster fire, so guessing that is kind of in the mix also.
    I don't think he goes into the FBS as an HC He does not have any FBS experience. But, he seems to have connections to several programs and I could see a Coordinator position or position coach for a very sucesfull FBS program in the future. Is it the near future, who knows. Like I said, he seems to either be hinting or my SS tripped up. Only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    What's wrong with leaving your current job for a better one?
    absolutely nothing! but, I personally like to see things through whenever possible.

I don't think he goes into the FBS as an HC He does not have any FBS experience. But, he seems to have connections to several programs and I could see a Coordinator position or position coach for a very sucesfull FBS program in the future. Is it the near future, who knows. Like I said, he seems to either be hinting or my SS tripped up. Only time will tell.
    I'm worried Brent Venables is going to get poached from Clemson, because I think Dabo's first call will be to Klieman.

Quote Originally Posted by HazenBizon View Post
    I'm worried Brent Venables is going to get poached from Clemson, because I think Dabo's first call will be to Klieman.
    kinda what I think. And, there is nothing wrong with that. Matter of fact, it is better for us cuz then we don't lose the entire staff....like we could have happen if CK would have picked CB over SU.

BTW Does our long lost O coordinator come back if CK does leave... BV :-)

Quote Originally Posted by NovaBison View Post
    absolutely nothing! but, I personally like to see things through whenever possible.
    Trying to figure out if you think Klieman has something to see through to the end? What does he have to finish?

Just asking

kinda what I think. And, there is nothing wrong with that. Matter of fact, it is better for us cuz then we don't lose the entire staff....like we could have happen if CK would have picked CB over SU.

BTW Does our long lost O coordinator come back if CK does leave... BV :-)
    Man, you and I are on exactly the same page.