Page 30 of 65 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: x a possible candidate for y job

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Klieman a possible candidate for Gophers job

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    He didn't win a bunch until year 4 at WMU. Apparently it doesn't wear off that fast.
    He won 8 games his second year. I'd say that's "a bunch" and pretty fast. In his 3rd year he won the first bowl in WMU history.

I think Fleck will be fine with the gophers for what I know of him. He should be able to pick up where TC left off. I do think Miles would have been a better choice for a lot of reasons I have stated before. I also would have liked to Miles because I think his effect on NDSU would have been mostly positive. Fleck might go after some of the same kids NDSU will try to recruit. The type of kids Miles recruits would have lots of stars after their name. Different stratosphere recruiting-wise. It also would have created a very think line between the programs and that could have gone either positive or negative. If the Bison are eventually part of a true second tier, that line could be positive with a different brand of football.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I think Fleck will be fine with the gophers for what I know of him. He should be able to pick up where TC left off. I do think Miles would have been a better choice for a lot of reasons I have stated before. I also would have liked to Miles because I think his effect on NDSU would have been mostly positive. Fleck might go after some of the same kids NDSU will try to recruit. The type of kids Miles recruits would have lots of stars after their name. Different stratosphere recruiting-wise. It also would have created a very think line between the programs and that could have gone either positive or negative. If the Bison are eventually part of a true second tier, that line could be positive with a different brand of football.
    If Fleck sticks to recruiting FCS/MAC type kids he won't win very much in the b1G, I think he needs to go after bigger fish
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    If Fleck sticks to recruiting FCS/MAC type kids he won't win very much in the b1G, I think he needs to go after bigger fish
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Tyrone Wheatly is the likely replacement at WMU

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Tyrone Wheatly is the likely replacement at WMU
    Slim chance, but good to know Bison avoided any fallout from the MN coaching change domino effect. Now just need to hold onto the recruiting class.

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Slim chance, but good to know Bison avoided any fallout from the MN coaching change domino effect. Now just need to hold onto the recruiting class.
    Might be able to pick off one of the Minnesota commits Fleck is dumping.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Jerry Kill and Tracey Claeys obviously recruited quality athletes. The Gophers were pretty good under them. But the Claeys recruits probably don't fit his system and he hasn't gotten the time to know them so that's why he's sticking with his guys

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    Might be able to pick off one of the Minnesota commits Fleck is dumping.
    I think all of the decommits that I've seen are from way out of the area. Not aware of any local kids who are voluntarily or not opened back up their recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I think all of the decommits that I've seen are from way out of the area. Not aware of any local kids who are voluntarily or not opened back up their recruiting.
    He doesn't actually want any of them showing up at the door and demanding their scholarship.