Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: x a possible candidate for y job

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Klieman a possible candidate for Gophers job

I don't see Klieman going there unless everyone else turns them down. He just doesn't have the experience yet.

Bohl has a better shot than Klieman.

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonCardinal View Post
    Might be tough with his brand new $6.5M buyout. Not sure they would pony up that sort of cash, plus pay him enough to make him leave $1.4M per year in Laramie.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

Quote Originally Posted by BisonCardinal View Post
    Exactly what I'm thinking but either would be a good hire for MN and bad for us with recruiting. Bohl would be a perfect fit for MN. Knowing the Gophers they'll continue to be the Gophers and they'll hire someone who's style doesn't fit in the region like Chip Kelly
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Id be more concerned about collateral damage if they poach a G5 HC. Bohls buyout in Wyoming is a pretty big barrier there but Klieman would be a likely replacement there. They just canned Stanford and would they try to promote Vigen?

Would Western Michigan consider Klieman if Fleck leaves for Minnesota, which I think is their most likely hire? I really have no idea how likely that would be.

Les Miles with a pretty big fall from grace landing as the goophs HC is probably the least risk senerio for NDSU.

Another risk would be Klieman taking the DC job in a new staff at Minnesota, but that seems unlikely. Would he be interested in a non HC position at this point and what staff would he fit into. The Bohl bridge seems burnt.
    not sure on Western Michigan. If Fleck doesn't leave this year, odds are Western Michigan goes back to reality and his stock drops. And Fleck currently only makes about 200k more than Kljeman and is the highest paid coach in the MAC. Unless they would pay him the money the boosters are apparently trying to raise to keep him... Not sure

The perception is that Bohl is more experienced and has built a so called FBS team up in 3 years after he built Ndsu up

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    Exactly what I'm thinking but either would be a good hire for MN and bad for us with recruiting. Bohl would be a perfect fit for MN. Knowing the Gophers they'll continue to be the Gophers and they'll hire someone who's style doesn't fit in the region like Chip Kelly
    Imagine Les Miles standing on a cold sideline...
    Looking good Billy Ray!

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Id be more concerned about collateral damage if they poach a G5 HC. Bohls buyout in Wyoming is a pretty big barrier there but Klieman would be a likely replacement there. They just canned Stanford and would they try to promote Vigen?

Would Western Michigan consider Klieman if Fleck leaves for Minnesota, which I think is their most likely hire? I really have no idea how likely that would be.

Les Miles with a pretty big fall from grace landing as the goophs HC is probably the least risk senerio for NDSU.

Another risk would be Klieman taking the DC job in a new staff at Minnesota, but that seems unlikely. Would he be interested in a non HC position at this point and what staff would he fit into. The Bohl bridge seems burnt.
    This... I think Klieman's opportunity would come from a domino effect. Him backfilling a job opened by whomever gets the Minnesota job.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    I don't know why anyone would want Miles. He underperformed with massive talent and doesn't know what a D1 QB looks like

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    They need to hire a Tim Brewster type guy again (that would help us). Let's be honest MN is going to a recruit if they are going heads up against NDSU. The bright lights of the Big 10 would be hard to pass up, can't say I blame a kid for that. Where NDSU has benefitted the last 5 years is getting the guy that MN overlooks Williams, Turner, Olson just to name a few.

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    They need to hire a Tim Brewster type guy again (that would help us). Let's be honest MN is going to a recruit if they are going heads up against NDSU. The bright lights of the Big 10 would be hard to pass up, can't say I blame a kid for that. Where NDSU has benefitted the last 5 years is getting the guy that MN overlooks Williams, Turner, Olson just to name a few.
    Claeys was our best hope for a Brewster 2.0. Hopefully I'm wrong and the goophers can find someone worse. Need someone who is likely to overlook local talent and chase stars outside the region.