Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: IUPUI @ the SHAC, 7 pm Thurs 1/5

Default Re: IUPUI @ the SHAC, 7 pm Thurs 1/5

3-0 in the Summitt (Douple was there tonite)
    Free throws were good 74% Dex was 11 of 12
    Paul hurt his ankle but came back
    Iupui only had 5 second chance baskets but rebounding for us was not good.
    Section 111 was on point tonight. Lots of facetime and lots of noise
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Doesn't matter....you can't hold the ball for more than 5 seconds while being closely guarded without doing something....
    I'll just throw this out there.........by rule, a player with the ball who is closely guarded may hold the ball for 4 seconds, then dribble the ball for 4 seconds, then hold the ball again for 4 seconds. One player can actually control the ball for 12 seconds (being closely guarded) and not be in violation of the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by 1993bison View Post
    29-39 on our free throws ain't bad at all. Missing them at the end of the game is obviously not ideal. Good win!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    55-67 last two games from the line. Something has clicked and making a lot of them. Dex gives 110% hustle all the time. IUpUI was not going to let Dex beat them . I think he was doubled teamed every time he got the ball. Great win. Protected home court. Keep it rolling.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    3-0 in the Summitt (Douple was there tonite)
    Free throws were good 74% Dex was 11 of 12
    Paul hurt his ankle but came back
    Iupui only had 5 second chance baskets but rebounding for us was not good.
    Section 111 was on point tonight. Lots of facetime and lots of noise
    Section 111 was on point. My voice proves it today.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Im not talking about total free throw percentage. As a coach...I am not looking at that number...Im looking at the number in the last few minutes when you need to hit those to ice the game. Every one we missed kept IUPUI in it.

Good win though. Glad to see our veteran guys starting to play better. I just don't know where we would be without Dex. His energy and his toughness are what keeps this team afloat IMO.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

It's good to be 3-0.

Defensively we need to improve a bit. It didn't look like we were committed to a philosophy on the perimeter screen game and we often left the screener open for wide open jumpers. Geu, in particular, seemed like he was struggling with his assignment here. It also looked like we were collapsing way too aggressively to the penetration. If a 6'1" guard wants to drive into the paint while Dex is defending, let him. Instead we had wing players leaving their man and allowing kickouts to their shooters (or committing fouls).

From a player perspective, it's great to see AJ slashing and getting to the line, Paul making jumpshots, Dex wrecking people with his hustle game. Samuelson continues to impress and answers a big depth question going forward. Dylan Miller has got to get more aggressive and when he receives the ball on the block with no one inbetween he and the hoop, SHOOT! Three or four times last night he was fed down low with a high percentage opportunity and never even looked at the rim, he just wanted to get rid of the ball as quickly as humanly possible.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    Im not talking about total free throw percentage. As a coach...I am not looking at that number...Im looking at the number in the last few minutes when you need to hit those to ice the game. Every one we missed kept IUPUI in it.

Good win though. Glad to see our veteran guys starting to play better. I just don't know where we would be without Dex. His energy and his toughness are what keeps this team afloat IMO.
    In the last game I'd agree with you not so much last night that was as balanced as we have played but was also our worst rebounding game ... pretty hard to say dex kept us afloat last night for me
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    I'll just throw this out there.........by rule, a player with the ball who is closely guarded may hold the ball for 4 seconds, then dribble the ball for 4 seconds, then hold the ball again for 4 seconds. One player can actually control the ball for 12 seconds (being closely guarded) and not be in violation of the rule.
    Not sure if it only changed at the D2 level, but I'm 99% positive that they changed the rule regarding dribbling while being guarded. I believe the rule is now how it is overseas, where you can dribble as long as you want regardless of how closely guarded you are, with the idea essentially being that if you're able to avoid turning it over under aggressive defense, more power to you. You still can't hold it for more than 5 seconds without dribbling though, regardless as to whether or not you've already dribbled (as mtoutfitter noted in a previous post).

Quote Originally Posted by grizlandbisonfan View Post
    It's good to be 3-0.

Defensively we need to improve a bit. It didn't look like we were committed to a philosophy on the perimeter screen game and we often left the screener open for wide open jumpers. Geu, in particular, seemed like he was struggling with his assignment here. It also looked like we were collapsing way too aggressively to the penetration. If a 6'1" guard wants to drive into the paint while Dex is defending, let him. Instead we had wing players leaving their man and allowing kickouts to their shooters (or committing fouls).

From a player perspective, it's great to see AJ slashing and getting to the line, Paul making jumpshots, Dex wrecking people with his hustle game. Samuelson continues to impress and answers a big depth question going forward. Dylan Miller has got to get more aggressive and when he receives the ball on the block with no one inbetween he and the hoop, SHOOT! Three or four times last night he was fed down low with a high percentage opportunity and never even looked at the rim, he just wanted to get rid of the ball as quickly as humanly possible.
    I still don't get why he is even on the court. And why don't Eliason or Wesenberg ever play? Are they worse then Miller?? If so wtf are they doing on the team???

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I still don't get why he is even on the court. And why don't Eliason or Wesenberg ever play? Are they worse then Miller?? If so wtf are they doing on the team???
    I agree. It seems to me he thinks the ball is a hot potato when it hits his hands and he needs to get rid of it right away. Is anyone working with him for post moves. Just slow it down a bit and score. Dex used to rush things and now he is a polished low block player.
    Also in regards to Eilason and Wesenberg, your point is correct. Do we have someone capable of developing post players or are the current players not able to play the post (Dex excluded).