Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016-17 Summit League MBB Conference Thread

Default Re: 2016-17 Summit League MBB Conference Thread

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    They still in the zone?

*goes to check bunny boards*
    Their highly paid coach is all in on the zone, it gives their offense the best chance or something like that. Daum might foul out if they go man, I guess the solution though is to lose when he goes for 32
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    SDSU 88 Oral Roberts 94

Daum's 32 point effort is not enough, Rabbits fall to the bottom of the Summit League.
    Preseason favorite?

"I have had my shots contested at the YMCA shooting around by myself." Kemo, from the bunny board

I actually feel for em.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    "I have had my shots contested at the YMCA shooting around by myself." Kemo, from the bunny board

I actually feel for em.
    It was actually:

"I've had my shots contested more at the YMCA shooting around by myself. At least someone walked by now and then."

If you're going to bask in my misery, you could at least do the common courtesy of quoting my misery correctly
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    It was actually:

"I've had my shots contested more at the YMCA shooting around by myself. At least someone walked by now and then."

If you're going to bask in my misery, you could at least do the common courtesy of quoting my misery correctly
    Sorry I was laughing so hard I didn't mean to miss the main word MORE. It makes no sense without it. I really do feel for you guys, no team should have a coach so stubborn as to ride something not working to the bottom of the league like this. As a fan I would be livid.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Sorry I was laughing so hard I didn't mean to miss the main word MORE. It makes no sense without it. I really do feel for you guys, no team should have a coach so stubborn as to ride something not working to the bottom of the league like this. As a fan I would be livid.
    It's all good. I just didn't want it to seem as if I was so upset with our defense that I was unable to produce anything more than incoherent babble

While I'm very frustrated with the scheme and effort we've been putting on display most of the year, I don't want it to appear as if I've given up on Coach Otz just yet. He is a first time head coach in a new program, plus he's been exposed to a wide variety of coaching backgrounds, so he is still feeling out what does and doesn't work for him. There were obviously going to be some growing pains, but many of us didn't realize it would be this bad.

I'll also defend TJ on the "stubborn" adjective, as him not being stubborn is kind of the reason we're playing this squishy zone in the first place. We weren't good at man-to-man (or basketball in general, for that matter) for the first 6 games, and instead of sticking with it, he went to a defense scheme he had no experience coaching. It had some early success, but once the surprise factor wore off it has been atrocious to put it bluntly. Coach has actually went into detail why he thinks the zone is best for this particular team, and some of the points have validity, but it really seems to be the case of sounding better in theory than working in practice.

TJ is obviously an offensive minded guy, but he'll need to learn that if he wants to win in this league, he'll need to put more emphasis on the defense side of the ball.

I think he'll eventually get it figured out, but until then, I'll be posting snide comments on the message board as a coping mechanism.
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

I really don't get why you would go to a defense you have no experience with in your first season as a head coach. SDSU isn't what they were last year but they certainly aren't last place in regards to talent, you have the best player in the league. I think you could go into man more often and try to ugly up some of these games and grind out a few more wins.

With the way you played in the first half against ORU if you had any kind of defense you would have went into the half with a double digit lead....I was shocked to see the Rabbits trailing after shooting something like 71%...postgame their coach was talking about offensive issues. Not saying he needs to be canned but your AD needs to stage an intervention at some point.

Daum's defense sucks and he fouls too much in man to man. This zone business is a way for Otz to keep him in the game but it's killing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Daum's defense sucks and he fouls too much in man to man. This zone business is a way for Otz to keep him in the game but it's killing them.
    Then go to man to man with Daum is on the bench.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I get that but at some point you would think he would realize that the entire team's defense sucking isn't worth saving Daum from foul trouble, I'm sure he'll magically figure this out right before we play them again.