Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: 12/28 @ sdsu

Default Re: 12/28 @ sdsu

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I flipped over to the women's game. No matter what happened I would like to see someone defend the first half. That was a repeat of UND. Apparently we did something way better in the 2nd half though
    They did basically nothing different. Got open shots against the zone, made them instead of missed them. SDSU has allowed 3 schools this season to set their school records in 3 pointers made. NDSU was one 3P attempt from setting their school record. It's a bad zone. The 3s were the right shot when a lot of you were complaining in the first half and they were the right shot when they won the game for them in the second half. This is really a rough crowd.
    Now this is the law of the prairie
    As old and as true as the sky
    And the Bison that keep it will prosper
    And the Bison that break it will die
    As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
    This law is the final word:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison
    And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Thoughts;

- Why does Richman keep starting DMiller? Seriously, it isn't funny anymore. Start Eliason if you want to buy Dex minutes. He plays harder and has more energy. Speaking of buying minutes, he needs to start seriously think about doing that with AJ Jacobson. Another 2 fouls in the opening minutes? Seriously, it isn't funny anymore.
    - Khy Kabellis needs to stop shooting 3's. Seriously, it isn't funny anymore. I don't care if he was 3-7 today. He's not a good 3 point shooter and he has no business taking seven 3's in a game. I wish Richman had more defined offensive roles on this team.
    - Geu needs more minutes. Seriously. It isn't even funny anymore. That kid plays with more energy every single possession then the entire starters combined. I was glad to see Richman stick with him more in the second half. WHoever asked the question of why isn't he averaging at least 20 minutes, I agree.
    - Samuelson needs a scholarship. I'm serious. It isn't even funny anymore. That kid is a player. I don't know his situation but I really hope he gets a scholarship. It's well earned, and NDSU is a better team when he's playing in the games. He never dominates the ball, he can shoot, and he never tries to force anything.

I don't know why NDSU waiting so long to play pressing defense. I would think that if they were struggling on offense like they were in the first half they would have played balls out defense and it was just the opposite. You could really see defense pick up when they flow better on offense in second half. Or I don't know maybe it's reversed.
    Is anything funny any more?
    Now this is the law of the prairie
    As old and as true as the sky
    And the Bison that keep it will prosper
    And the Bison that break it will die
    As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
    This law is the final word:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison
    And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Herd12 View Post
    They did basically nothing different. Got open shots against the zone, made them instead of missed them. SDSU has allowed 3 schools this season to set their school records in 3 pointers made. NDSU was one 3P attempt from setting their school record. It's a bad zone. The 3s were the right shot when a lot of you were complaining in the first half and they were the right shot when they won the game for them in the second half. This is really a rough crowd.
    I agree with you, I think most of us agree with you...I just wish it was someone else taking the shots...not someone named Khy...why is this so hard to see for many? Honest question, what does this kid bring to the table that I'm missing?

Sorry if I'm starting to sound like a broken record.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    I agree with you, I think most of us agree with you...I just wish it was someone else taking the shots...not someone named Khy...why is this so hard to see for many? Honest question, what does this kid bring to the table that I'm missing?

Sorry if I'm starting to sound like a broken record.
    He maybe in a slump but if you are even saying these words you didn't watch any of the games in the summit tourney.... when someone's shot isn't falling you don't give up you keepshooting

The thing they did differently in the second half was work inside the zone with entry passes and penetration... which opened up more in rhythm shots and more fell ....effort and ball movement were at a different level in the second half need to figure out how to play that way for whole games
    Last edited by unbison; 12-29-2016 at 09:56 AM.
    TRUST THE PROCESS

For everyone digging on Khufu he shot 33%from 3pt land last year and aj shot 35% his shot will fall so just hang on
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    For everyone digging on Khufu
    Someday we'll build a pyramid for that kid.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well this is about what I was expecting to see this morning. Meltdown after first half, praise at the end. Thank you for fixing the Richman spelling, if you're gonna bash on the coach you can at least spell his name right. Speaking of the coach can we just take a second and acknowledge that his adjustments are what got us back into this game. Tellinghuisen was abusing Khy in the post, Khy & Dupree are not 3 pt shooters and that's the looks we were going to get so what does he do...he brings in Geu to defend and Samuelson to play point because he's probably the best 3 pt shooter on the team. AJ gets back into action in the 2nd half who leads us in 3pt percentage and Paul Miller does Swaggy P things and our offense rolls. Khy, Dupree and Tyson Ward, 3 guys who are gonna play huge minutes for us all season and are great players ride the bench most of the 2nd half because the matchup dictated it. That's coaching right there. That being said it would be nice to see those adjustments made on the fly before we fall into a 15 point hole at the half and have to fight back but at least they were made at halftime. When all is said and done we are 1-0 in Summit League play and we ended the bunnies stupid home court win streak. Let's get to 2-0 on Saturday!

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

[QUOTE=bisonfan08;1188406]Well this is about what I was expecting to see this morning. Meltdown after first half, praise at the end. Thank you for fixing the Richman spelling, if you're gonna bash on the coach you can at least spell his name right. Speaking of the coach can we just take a second and acknowledge that his adjustments are what got us back into this game. Tellinghuisen was abusing Khy in the post, Khy & Dupree are not 3 pt shooters and that's the looks we were going to get so what does he do...he brings in Geu to defend and Samuelson to play point because he's probably the best 3 pt shooter on the team. AJ gets back into action in the 2nd half who leads us in 3pt percentage and Paul Miller does Swaggy P things and our offense rolls. Khy, Dupree and Tyson Ward, 3 guys who are gonna play huge minutes for us all season and are great players ride the bench most of the 2nd half because the matchup dictated it. That's coaching right there. That being said it would be nice to see those adjustments made on the fly before we fall into a 15 point hole at the half and have to fight back but at least they were made at halftime. When all is said and done we are 1

Agree, but like you said, no reason not to make those adjustments about 5 minutes into the game. Betty in Row 4 could have figured that out. AJ with his quick fouls AGAIN may have dictated some of the lack of adjustments.

Great to see the 2nd half surge but I would argue waiting till halftime won't work too often?

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Well this is about what I was expecting to see this morning. Meltdown after first half, praise at the end. Thank you for fixing the Richman spelling, if you're gonna bash on the coach you can at least spell his name right. Speaking of the coach can we just take a second and acknowledge that his adjustments are what got us back into this game. Tellinghuisen was abusing Khy in the post, Khy & Dupree are not 3 pt shooters and that's the looks we were going to get so what does he do...he brings in Geu to defend and Samuelson to play point because he's probably the best 3 pt shooter on the team. AJ gets back into action in the 2nd half who leads us in 3pt percentage and Paul Miller does Swaggy P things and our offense rolls. Khy, Dupree and Tyson Ward, 3 guys who are gonna play huge minutes for us all season and are great players ride the bench most of the 2nd half because the matchup dictated it. That's coaching right there. That being said it would be nice to see those adjustments made on the fly before we fall into a 15 point hole at the half and have to fight back but at least they were made at halftime. When all is said and done we are 1-0 in Summit League play and we ended the bunnies stupid home court win streak. Let's get to 2-0 on Saturday!
    Exactly, also I did like the fact we did not double Daum a lot in the first half. We could have had a ton of fouls at halftime by doing that. Lack of fouls on our part allowed us to double Daum more in the second half. At the end of the day adjustments we done and executed and we are 1-0 in conference play. Nice spot to be in.
    PS we also made "just" enough free throws at the end of the game to hold them off. Still do not understand why we shoot them so poorly.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Great road win to start off the conference season.