Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 12/28 @ sdsu

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 12/28 @ sdsu

790 Direct TV
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBoy View Post
    It will be interesting to see what we will do this time around. Last year Daum ate our lunch.
    A big part of that was the presence of Parks and Marshall. We weren't able to help off much or they would have lit us up. I'm guessing there will be a fair share of double teams coming Daum's way tonight. I think Geu quickness and length wise could definitely handle him one on one on the perimeter but then Daum would just go to work in the post and Geu isn't strong enough to stop him down there yet. The task will be Dex, D Miller and possibly a little of Eliason's to slow him down with help.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    A big part of that was the presence of Parks and Marshall. We weren't able to help off much or they would have lit us up. I'm guessing there will be a fair share of double teams coming Daum's way tonight. I think Geu quickness and length wise could definitely handle him one on one on the perimeter but then Daum would just go to work in the post and Geu isn't strong enough to stop him down there yet. The task will be Dex, D Miller and possibly a little of Eliason's to slow him down with help.
    For most normal "big" guys you use fouls to help control him, but Daum is a great free throw shooter that will not work. Also with most great players you just have to contain him to his normal stat line and do not let the guy that scores 5 points a game to go off for 25 and be the difference.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Daum will get his but it is the other 4 on the floor we have to not let beat us.

If anyone is going down drive careful had relatives go through the Summit area last night and the passing lane sucked. Driving lane was good but then there were the people driving 25 mph in that lane that you had to get around. Hopefully the temps today have the whole thing looking and driving well.

I think Dex will love the challenge. Need PM and AJ to hit their shots tonight! Need Khy to cut down on the TO's! GO BISON!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBoy View Post
    It will be interesting to see what we will do this time around. Last year Daum ate our lunch.
    Last year Daum had 15, 18 and 20 against us. We would take any of those numbers tonight. NDSU must force someone else to beat them. SDSU does not defend very good, we gotta SCORE!!! Do we double Daum? Do we double on the dribble? on the catch? what are we doubling off? I would double off Tevin King all day. Make him make a shot. Do you double with another big? Do you dig with a guard? These are things I will be watching. I fully expect a grown up Bison team to show up and win tonight. I really do.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

SDSU expected starting line-up:

#4 Sergio El Darwich - G • 6-4 • Fr. PPG: 3.1 RPG: 3.5 APG: 2.7 MPG: 20.1

#2 Tevin King - G • 6-2 • So. PPG: 5.1 RPG: 4.1 APG: 2.3 MPG: 25.5

#35 A.J. Hess - G/F • 6-7 • Sr. PPG: 10.5 RPG: 2.8 APG: 0.6 MPG: 27.4

#23 Reed Tellinghuisen - G/F • 6-6 • Jr. PPG: 11.7 RPG: 4.5 APG: 2.3 MPG: 34.4

#24 Mike Daum - F • 6-9 • So. PPG: 21.9 RPG: 8.1 APG: 1.5 MPG: 31.8

The Dauminator is shooting 40% from 3 pt range, gotta stay with him on D wherever he goes. Tevin King only 31% on 3's, so as Burgundy said, play off him if you have to outside (only 40% overall) .
    Hess is at 37%, Tellinghuisen 33% on 3's.

Interesting sub-plot will be SDSU's assistant coach Eric Henderson and the Bison meeting up for the first time since he left after the end of last season!

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    SDSU expected starting line-up:

#4 Sergio El Darwich - G • 6-4 • Fr. PPG: 3.1 RPG: 3.5 APG: 2.7 MPG: 20.1

#2 Tevin King - G • 6-2 • So. PPG: 5.1 RPG: 4.1 APG: 2.3 MPG: 25.5

#35 A.J. Hess - G/F • 6-7 • Sr. PPG: 10.5 RPG: 2.8 APG: 0.6 MPG: 27.4

#23 Reed Tellinghuisen - G/F • 6-6 • Jr. PPG: 11.7 RPG: 4.5 APG: 2.3 MPG: 34.4

#24 Mike Daum - F • 6-9 • So. PPG: 21.9 RPG: 8.1 APG: 1.5 MPG: 31.8

The Dauminator is shooting 40% from 3 pt range, gotta stay with him on D wherever he goes. Tevin King only 31% on 3's, so as Burgundy said, play off him if you have to outside (only 40% overall) .
    Hess is at 37%, Tellinghuisen 33% on 3's.
    What happened to Theisen? He was their starting 5 for every game last year I thought. Is he hurt or just coming off the bench now?

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    What happened to Theisen? He was their starting 5 for every game last year I thought. Is he hurt or just coming off the bench now?
    6 guys averaging more minutes than him right now. Only started 4 games as well. 3 guys are averaging 1 minute less then him right now as well. So he is 2nd guy off the bench to 5th guy off the bench.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.