Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the current state of the FCS really just the old DII days rebranded?

Default Re: Is the current state of the FCS really just the old DII days rebranded?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I don't understand what you're looking for in an answer. Would the 1990 NDSU football team been able to beat the 1990 Iowa Hawkeyes? No I don't beleive so, nothing against those players or that team which was one of NDSU's best ever but IMO there is just simply not the talent from every position nor the depth to compete at that level. So to answer your question, no I don't see FCS as a rebranded version of the old DII.
    You answered the question...I was referring to your LOL and saying those were significant. No need to LOL as I agree they are significant.

-----

So collectively we are essentially saying that there is a difference between the 4th Level of FB (DII) and the 3rd Level of FB (FCS).

Essential the 3 broad categories below are the primary differences and as result the following has occurred..........

1) A Higher cost (to the fans, University);

But has resulted in a

1) Higher level of quality (facilities, coaches, players) and
    2) Created more exposure for the university and community. (ESPN, NFL, TV, Radio)

Am I missing anything?

Default Re: Is the current state of the FCS really just the old DII days rebranded?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    We had the same facilities in D2??!!
    No we didn't. We had the dome before all of the renovations. Pretty much everything else is different.

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

No we didn't. We had the dome before all of the renovations. Pretty much everything else is different.
    Provide a list please?

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

One thing I will say is FCS is much worse overall than I ever imagined when moving up from D2. There were a lot of people who said we could compete in the FCS in the 80's and I didn't necessarily believe them. My thought was every FCS school was like Montana with 20K fans at every game. The fact is FCS isn't much better than D2 from attendance outside of the top 25 teams. The talent in the top 25 is better, but NDSU would of been a fringe top 25 team just like they are now with FBS.
    The biggest difference is by far the national exposure which has increased enrollment drastically and moved NDSU from a dying school in the 90's to a more big time feel.

One thing I will say is FCS is much worse overall than I ever imagined when moving up from D2. There were a lot of people who said we could compete in the FCS in the 80's and I didn't necessarily believe them. My thought was every FCS school was like Montana with 20K fans at every game. The fact is FCS isn't much better than D2 from attendance outside of the top 25 teams. The talent in the top 25 is better, but NDSU would of been a fringe top 25 team just like they are now with FBS.
    The biggest difference is by far the national exposure which has increased enrollment drastically and moved NDSU from a dying school in the 90's to a more big time feel.
    I think we also have to realize that somewhere in there another leve of FB appeared/developed. The FCS used to be the second level of FB, and DII the third level of FB, but currently the FCS is now the 3rd level of FB and DII is the fourth level of FB. So from the point of view it is the same.

The Current ................ .............. The Past
    1st level of FB = P5...................... 1st level of = FBS
    2nd level of FB = G5 ..................... 2nd level of FB = FCS
    3rd level of FB = FCS ................... 3rd level of FB = DII
    4th Level of FB = DII

UND beat a highly ranked UNI on the road before they moved up. Did that not give you a clue? Or maybe our win in Missoula in 2003?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Provide a list please?
    The SHAC, ESC, NOF, new practice field, bubble, coaches offices and locker rooms in the FFD, AC in the BBF.....

The SHAC, ESC, NOF, new practice field, bubble, coaches offices and locker rooms in the FFD, AC in the BBF.....
    The Turf...
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

perthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    The talent we have on the field and opponents put on is far from DII. Multiple nfl caliber players each year and they are not just getting tryouts they are sticking in the league
    Yes, there is a good point. I,m watching Zenner run effectively against the cowboys now. In the D2 era we never had near as many players making the NFL, although the ones who did proved they belong, and we now play against more future NFL players.

perthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    The Turf...
    That bar was there back in the d2 days. please do your research before posting