Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the current state of the FCS really just the old DII days rebranded?

Default Is the current state of the FCS really just the old DII days rebranded?

Just wondering what people's thoughts were about this.

Default Re: Is the current state of the FCS really just the old DII days rebranded?

no

10 char
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Default Re: Is the current state of the FCS really just the old DII days rebranded?

the FCS is the 3rd tier... ita very much d2 caliber now that 5 fcs programs have jumped to fbs in last few years.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    no

10 char
    Ok, besides the obvious..... number of scholarships, the quality of the game and cost. what is different?

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Ok, besides the obvious..... number of scholarships, the quality of the game and cost. what is different?
    What is the same?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ok, what is different?
    I'm looking around FCS and not seeing U of Mary, Crookston, Minot, Duluth, Northern State, SW Minnesota, Winona, Upper Iowa, or any of the type of newcomers in our region that made leaving D2 inevitable.

The schools in our region that are in DI are exactly the ones NDSU wanted to go DI with NDSU in the first place.

Lol those are pretty big differences. I'd add the quality of athlete, coaching staffs, facilities, technology is quite a bit better.

This is talking about the upper level of FCS, not the non scholarship types who should be DII or DIII.

I am actually looking for folks to seriously compare the two not make arguments about jumping or who should jump etc.

I would also add that the exposure for the University and Community is greater at the FCS level as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Lol those are pretty big differences. I'd add the quality of athlete, coaching staffs, facilities, technology is quite a bit better.

This is talking about the upper level of FCS, not the non scholarship types who should be DII or DIII.
    I think your reading too much into this. The question is I just that…. a question! It is not a statement about jumping not jumping etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    What is the same?
    I asked the question to get a feeling of what people think are the diff., not start a FBS/FCS/DII debate. It seems that the only real difference is the $$$$$ involved and all that comes with that...a higher quality product. The teams that we play now compared to the teams that we used to play are a wash.

I would argue the biggest advantage has been the marketing of NDSU to a broader audience.