Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Is the current state of the FCS really just the old DII days rebranded?

Default Re: Is the current state of the FCS really just the old DII days rebranded?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    That is because a lot of "fans" do not know anything about anything. The same goes for the "move up". The only real way would be if the G5 decide to reduce schollies. The financial costs would then be reduced for current FCS teams. I do not see that happening. Now lets say that NDSU says lets start a new conference to move up into a G5 type league. Who is coming with us to form this league? We will never be invited into a current G5 conference. location location location
    That's not really true. A lot of NDSU fans follow college football (FBS), and then follow NDSU. There's nothing wrong with that. I watch a ton of college football every Saturday. I watch 1 game from FCS. NDSU. That's it. I'm not wasting any time watching anything else from FCS when there are a ton of better games on throughout the day. I group a loyal NDSU fan. It's my first memory of sporting events, freezing my ass off at dacotah field. I didn't waste my time watching any D2 games either. I watched what was on TV, and the good games between ranked teams. Sometimes those good games don't even involve P5 conference teams.

Default Re: Is the current state of the FCS really just the old DII days rebranded?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    That's funny, I know people (me included) who thought Troy was in Ohio. Aren't they FBS?
    I don't know, do they have a professional football team that put's their city on the college football world? I'm going to guess no.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    If the G5 is going to have a playoff, there is zero point at all in being FCS. If the our admin doesn't get us moved up, it will be D2 all over again.
    Now this sums it all up. If G5 does a playoff the FCS becomes as relevant as D2. Pull your heads out NDSU experts. What are you doing about this? Please share with teammakers.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Now this sums it all up. If G5 does a playoff the FCS becomes as relevant as D2. Pull your heads out NDSU experts. What are you doing about this? Please share with teammakers.
    Did I miss something where G5 is openly talking about a PO? Or, is this the hypothetical P5 split?

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Did I miss something where G5 is openly talking about a PO? Or, is this the hypothetical P5 split?
    A few G5 AD's(NIU seems to be leading the charge) are starting to make some noise. That said the AAC is still very much against it, then again they did put P6 on the helmets of all the AAC teams competing in bowls.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

A few G5 AD's(NIU seems to be leading the charge) are starting to make some noise. That said the AAC is still very much against it, then again they did put P6 on the helmets of all the AAC teams competing in bowls.
    I love that attitude; you are completely getting screwed and you act like you aren't. Great strategy.

If they go that route, I don't see why they don't go to the FCS.

Kind of funny how it would be more enticing to go FBS if it was more like FCS.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    If they go that route, I don't see why they don't go to the FCS.
    A playoff works a lot better without the NCAA mucking it up.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

A playoff works a lot better without the NCAA mucking it up.
    Thats worked wonders for the FBS.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."