Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the current state of the FCS really just the old DII days rebranded?

Default Re: Is the current state of the FCS really just the old DII days rebranded?

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    If talks go through like they will and they do end up with a playoff for the G5, NDSU will then be in a D3 type scenario. It will be Division 3, tier 3, level 3, call it whatever you want but it will be a 3rd tier type.
    And assuming they strike a TV deal, I wouldn't count on "The top of fcs" people like to talk about being invited to panticipate.
    College of Business Alumnus

Default Re: Is the current state of the FCS really just the old DII days rebranded?

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    Serious Clark? It wouldn't matter if we were undefeated and won the MAC or Mountain West every year. There isn't a snowballs chance in hell that the selection committee would consider us or any other school in those Crappy Leagues.

If you are not from a P5 conference you have ZERO shot..period.

BTW no one cares about SDSU or Temple..you are kidding yourself. Just like no ones cares about Bowling Green, Wyoming, Ball State, ECT.....

Now when the G5 schools start there own Playoff which they are currently looking at then you have something to move up to. Until then we don't...
    Houston and Boise St are relevant. ANy G5 school is relevant the longer they go in the season undefeated. You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise. They may not have a chance but they are in the conversation.

FCS a.k. D2 or D3 is boring. Move up already. Last year we played a team in the NC that majority of NDSU fans thought were from Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    And assuming they strike a TV deal, I wouldn't count on "The top of fcs" people like to talk about being invited to panticipate.
    Wouldn't work. They aren't a part of the same system of rules. There's a reason why FBS can only count 1 win a year against an FCS team.

If talks go through like they will and they do end up with a playoff for the G5, NDSU will then be in a D3 type scenario. It will be Division 3, tier 3, level 3, call it whatever you want but it will be a 3rd tier type.
    The FCS is already the third tier of football it's just that there's not much to gain in going to the second tier versus the cost. A playoff system in the second-tier changes all of that

Houston and Boise St are relevant. ANy G5 school is relevant the longer they go in the season undefeated. You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise. They may not have a chance but they are in the conversation.

FCS a.k. D2 or D3 is boring. Move up already. Last year we played a team in the NC that majority of NDSU fans thought were from Florida.
    That is because a lot of "fans" do not know anything about anything. The same goes for the "move up". The only real way would be if the G5 decide to reduce schollies. The financial costs would then be reduced for current FCS teams. I do not see that happening. Now lets say that NDSU says lets start a new conference to move up into a G5 type league. Who is coming with us to form this league? We will never be invited into a current G5 conference. location location location
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    That is because a lot of "fans" do not know anything about anything. The same goes for the "move up". The only real way would be if the G5 decide to reduce schollies. The financial costs would then be reduced for current FCS teams. I do not see that happening. Now lets say that NDSU says lets start a new conference to move up into a G5 type league. Who is coming with us to form this league? We will never be invited into a current G5 conference. location location location
    I am about 99% sure you can't just create an FBS conference.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Why do you keep insisting on location location location when there's plenty of Articles out there that suggests location location location just isn't the case it's about National Brands not Regional Brands and National brands are created buy the product that's put on the field

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    The FCS is already the third tier of football it's just that there's not much to gain in going to the second tier versus the cost. A playoff system in the second-tier changes all of that
    Bingo, bingo, bingo.......let's keep hoping for change and for a P5 breakoff. We just need to be ready.

If the G5 is going to have a playoff, there is zero point at all in being FCS. If our admin doesn't get us moved up, it will be D2 all over again.
    Last edited by NDSUstudent; 12-29-2016 at 06:58 PM.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

That's funny, I know people (me included) who thought Troy was in Ohio. Aren't they FBS?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯