Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Minot State football coach resigns

Default Re: Minot State football coach resigns

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    These small towns small universities having successful college football programs is a good thing for NDSU. It's too bad why not does not have a good program I've heard they've had some real thugs in there program
    How does this affect Ndsu ?
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    How does this affect Ndsu ?

nothing directly but indirectly it’s just good for the sport and good for NDSU being NDSU is a FB school. If you have a kick ass NCIA or D2 teams in your area folks will follow them, kids follow them. That is that more kids playing Fball than being on skates or kicking a round ball around. When you have this shit and thugs running around causing issues it gives everyone a black eye.....of course relevant based on the degrees of separation, but there is an effect.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    nothing directly but indirectly it’s just good for the sport and good for NDSU being NDSU is a FB school. If you have a kick ass NCIA or D2 teams in your area folks will follow them, kids follow them. That is that more kids playing Fball than being on skates or kicking a round ball around. When you have this shit and thugs running around causing issues it gives everyone a black eye.....of course relevant based on the degrees of separation, but there is an effect.
    Wow that's a stretch!
    TRUST THE PROCESS

MinotBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I've heard that there is something in the neighborhood of 95 applicants for the HC opening in football. No word, however, on when they will begin narrowing things down. Ideally, wouldn't it be a good thing if they had someone in place by signing day?

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MinotBison View Post
    I've heard that there is something in the neighborhood of 95 applicants for the HC opening in football. No word, however, on when they will begin narrowing things down. Ideally, wouldn't it be a good thing if they had someone in place by signing day?
    Yes and with someone who can build a winning program for a change....U Mary needs to get their shit together too. They've had NAIA teams that would have kicked the shit out the garbage thats going on there as of late...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    Yes and with someone who can build a winning program for a change....U Mary needs to get their shit together too. They've had NAIA teams that would have kicked the shit out the garbage thats going on there as of late...
    Recruiting NAIA and being competitive in Bismarck and Minot are a different animal than Recruiting top D2 against MN, IA, and SD schools that have a larger and more talented pool to recruit from. Minot especially has to be a very difficult place to recruit to, they are really in the middle of nowhere in terms of the NSIC. Maybe I'm totally wrong but in ND having Two DI, Two DII and numerous NAIA plus throw in MSU-Moorhead and UM-Crookston there isn't much left for talent in ND or NW MN
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Recruiting NAIA and being competitive in Bismarck and Minot are a different animal than Recruiting top D2 against MN, IA, and SD schools that have a larger and more talented pool to recruit from. Minot especially has to be a very difficult place to recruit to, they are really in the middle of nowhere in terms of the NSIC. Maybe I'm totally wrong but in ND having Two DI, Two DII and numerous NAIA plus throw in MSU-Moorhead and UM-Crookston there isn't much left for talent in ND or NW MN
    Again, there were NAIA teams that Mary and Minot had in the past that would have kicked these current guys around...all those schools you mentioned were all still there in the past when these schools were NAIA.....soooo come again.

Let me indulge you for a second...then what is Northern St's excuse? They have a very successful football program as far as the NSIC goes... Have you been to Aberdeen, middle of nowhere??? Bismarck and Minot are paradise in comparison...

Also NAIA teams like Carroll College and Sioux Falls (when they were NAIA) dominated that division for decades and would have beaten a lot of, if not most, Div II teams...Carroll College being in middle of nowhere Montana and Sioux Falls in a hotbed of many DII and NAIA teams...

It's interesting to me to see Northern on National Signing Day
    and how many Fargo metro area recruits the Wolves sign.
    Right now I count 7 Fargo area players on their roster, plus they
    have more from the rest of ND.

Don't know if they are winning head to head against MSU-Moorhead for
    these players, but they are doing a good job with FM being a pipeline for Aberdeen.

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    Again, there were NAIA teams that Mary and Minot had in the past that would have kicked these current guys around...all those schools you mentioned were all still there in the past when these schools were NAIA.....soooo come again.

Let me indulge you for a second...then what is Northern St's excuse? They have a very successful football program as far as the NSIC goes... Have you been to Aberdeen, middle of nowhere??? Bismarck and Minot are paradise in comparison...

Also NAIA teams like Carroll College and Sioux Falls (when they were NAIA) dominated that division for decades and would have beaten a lot of, if not most, Div II teams...Carroll College being in middle of nowhere Montana and Sioux Falls in a hotbed of many DII and NAIA teams...
    Recruiting as an NAIA school is easier in a lot of ways. When Minot St. Was good in the 90's they had a lot of success recruiting Canada with guys who would have trouble with the NCAA clearinghouse.
    Last edited by NDSU_grad; 01-17-2017 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    It's interesting to me to see Northern on National Signing Day
    and how many Fargo metro area recruits the Wolves sign.
    Right now I count 7 Fargo area players on their roster, plus they
    have more from the rest of ND.

Don't know if they are winning head to head against MSU-Moorhead for
    these players, but they are doing a good job with FM being a pipeline for Aberdeen.
    More proof that UMary and Minot aren't doing enough. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU_grad View Post
    Recruiting as an NAIA school is easier in a lot of ways. When Minot St. Was good in the 90's they had a lot of success recruiting Canada with guys who would have trouble with their he NCAA clearinghouse.
    I'm starting to feel like I'm arguing with my brother's kids...