Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: YSU Fan needs 2 tickets to FCS Championship

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: YSU Fan needs 2 tickets to FCS Championship

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    That is simply not true. The NCAA gives both semi-final winners 4,000 tickets each. They either sell them or send them back. YSU must have returned 3,000 right away which was assinine on their part.
    Agreed that's a complete lie. Schools don't have to pay for anything. Every playoff game the home team has to allocate a set number of tickets to the away team and if they don't sell them they are simply returned. YSU completely f'd up and don't want to admit their failures.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    Agreed that's a complete lie. Schools don't have to pay for anything. Every playoff game the home team has to allocate a set number of tickets to the away team and if they don't sell them they are simply returned. YSU completely f'd up and don't want to admit their failures.
    They definitely F'd up, but the NCAA FCS Championship Manual tends to line up with what they are saying. This was emailed to me and brought up on a local talk show. Still doesn't change the fact it was STUPID:

2. Participating Institutions. Tickets for seats in sections 100-107 (4,000 spectators) will be reserved for the home team to sell via its institutional outlets. 350 band seats will also be held for the home team on the stage. Tickets for seats in sections 126-133 (4,000 spectators) will be reserved for the visiting team to sell via its institutional outlets. 350 band seats will also be held for the visiting team on the stage. Each team is required to purchase not less than 1,000 tickets. Ticket prices are $65 sideline; and $75 midfield. A seating manifest will be emailed by Trina Simerly to each of the four semifinal teams.
    Not later than Sunday, December 18 each institution shall inform Trina Simerly how many tickets they would like for the championship game (and their locations). Confirmed sales only will be printed and shipped via next-day delivery to each institution by AXS. Ticket links will be provided to ticket managers for the remaining block (with Flash Seats as the required method of delivery).
    A participating institution may return any unsold tickets. They will need to inform Trina Simerly at the NCAA (tsimerly@ncaa.org; 317-917-6516) of the number of electronic tickets to be returned and their location no later than 5 p.m. Eastern time Monday, December 26. No hard ticket returns will be accepted. Once the competing institutions release the tickets being retained, the NCAA and Team Frisco may use them for sale to the general public.
    The NCAA will invoice the participating institutions for all tickets taken and payment will be due to the NCAA not later than 30 days after the date of the championship game.

So ysu could wait until after their semifinals win to request how many tickets they wanted. They took the minimum of 1000 when they could have taken up to 4000 with the option of returning unsold tickets by Dec 26.

Makes almost zero sense they took the minimum.

I need to get to know Trina Simerly, she appears to be the one with the tickets.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GoGuins2016 View Post
    Bison Fans - Thank you all for helping us YSU fans find tickets to the game. It's very much appreciated after our AD only took 1000 seats from the NCAA.

I've found 6 seats so far thanks to your group, but I'm in need to 2 more tickets in section 108 for the game. My family will be in Frisco to cheer on my nephew who plays for YSU.

If anyone has any tickets left that they are willing to sell at face value in section 108, please let me know.

Thank you again for your help!
    I will give you with two tickets if you give us Bo Pellini.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I need to get to know Trina Simerly, she appears to be the one with the tickets.
    http://intelligenceref.blogspot.com/...meo-spies.html
    Looking good Billy Ray!

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GOD
    Hail the Bison!

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    No. We would also get Carl. No way.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    So ysu could wait until after their semifinals win to request how many tickets they wanted. They took the minimum of 1000 when they could have taken up to 4000 with the option of returning unsold tickets by Dec 26.

Makes almost zero sense they took the minimum.
    Yes it appears they had until the 26th to return them and no payment was required for anything until 30 days after the game. Someone made a big boo boo!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    Yes it appears they had until the 26th to return them and no payment was required for anything until 30 days after the game. Someone made a big boo boo!!
    Plus it appears members of their AD have been giving misleading statements to the press making it look like they are trying to cover up their mistakes. What a mess.