Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: YSU Fan needs 2 tickets to FCS Championship

Default YSU Fan needs 2 tickets to FCS Championship

Bison Fans - Thank you all for helping us YSU fans find tickets to the game. It's very much appreciated after our AD only took 1000 seats from the NCAA.

I've found 6 seats so far thanks to your group, but I'm in need to 2 more tickets in section 108 for the game. My family will be in Frisco to cheer on my nephew who plays for YSU.

If anyone has any tickets left that they are willing to sell at face value in section 108, please let me know.

Thank you again for your help!

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: YSU Fan needs 2 tickets to FCS Championship

Quote Originally Posted by GoGuins2016 View Post
    Bison Fans - Thank you all for helping us YSU fans find tickets to the game. It's very much appreciated after our AD only took 1000 seats from the NCAA.

I've found 6 seats so far thanks to your group, but I'm in need to 2 more tickets in section 108 for the game. My family will be in Frisco to cheer on my nephew who plays for YSU.

If anyone has any tickets left that they are willing to sell at face value in section 108, please let me know.

Thank you again for your help!
    Please explain how / why they made that decision so quick??

Lol....they turned back 3k tickets sounds like a well run operation

Sucks for the fans
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

No idea. It was a big mistake by the school. At least the players could buy 2 seats for family members. But now we are scrambling to find more seats for the rest of the family. Gotta love it.

From what I've gathered from pissed off Penguins on AGS is that the YSU AD had to make a decision on how many Frisco tickets they would want if they potentially made it around the time of their 2nd round game against JSU. The thought is that he was gun shy about taking the full 4000 because they only drew a shade over 5000 for their 1st round home game against Samford.

Now anyone that follows the FCS playoffs knows that Thanksgiving weekend attendance is always pitiful and that a trip to Frisco will bring a lot of closet fans out of the woodwork. It was very much a lack of foresight from the YSU AD but, to a certain extent, YSU fans also have to blame themselves for not showing up for home playoff games earlier in the tournament. Now there's also apparently a long history of this AD at YSU catering only to the big money donors and not caring at all about the smaller money donors and average Joe season tickets holders which has apparently hurt attendance to a certain extent. It also seems he may have underestimated the possibility that his team would end up in Frisco. All in all, it's a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    From what I've gathered from pissed off Penguins on AGS is that the YSU AD had to make a decision on how many Frisco tickets they would want if they potentially made it around the time of their 2nd round game against JSU. The thought is that he was gun shy about taking the full 4000 because they only drew a shade over 5000 for their 1st round home game against Samford.

Now anyone that follows the FCS playoffs knows that Thanksgiving weekend attendance is always pitiful and that a trip to Frisco will bring a lot of closet fans out of the woodwork. It was very much a lack of foresight from the YSU AD but, to a certain extent, YSU fans also have to blame themselves for not showing up for home playoff games earlier in the tournament. Now there's also apparently a long history of this AD at YSU catering only to the big money donors and not caring at all about the smaller money donors and average Joe season tickets holders which has apparently hurt attendance to a certain extent. It also seems he may have underestimated the possibility that his team would end up in Frisco. All in all, it's a mess.
    Agreed! All in all, it's a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

That is simply not true. The NCAA gives both semi-final winners 4,000 tickets each. They either sell them or send them back. YSU must have returned 3,000 right away which was assinine on their part.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    That is simply not true. The NCAA gives both semi-final winners 4,000 tickets each. They either sell them or send them back. YSU must have returned 3,000 right away which was assinine on their part.
    Then add in how many they set aside for players, coaches and school employees and they probably only sold 600-700 tickets total to loge holders.

Also, we still need 2 tickets without wristbands in section 108 if anyone has any left to sell.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by GoGuins2016 View Post
    Also, we still need 2 tickets without wristbands in section 108 if anyone has any left to sell.

Thanks.
    Check your PM's.