Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Will scheduling get "easier" because of the loss?

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Will scheduling get "easier" because of the loss?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    I think scheduling will become super easy.

With the loss on Friday, NDSU has clearly become a mediocre team, at best. Hell, might be lucky to win a game in 2017.
    So YOU'RE James K. from Jamestown! Good to know these things...
    Last edited by BYZEN; 12-22-2016 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Didn't see the Milkman had delivered!
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

Quote Originally Posted by BYZEN View Post
    So YOU'RE James K. from Jamestown! Good to know these things...
    Last edited by BYZEN; Today at 11:58 AM. Reason: Didn't see the Milkman had delivered! - haha well played!

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUKurt View Post
    I agree with you 100%. This season, we were forced to play 3 tough games because we could not find any easy opponent to play us.

Next year will be much easier with Robert Morris and Mississippi Valley State - 2 of the 10 worst FCS teams on the schedule.
    We should have scheduled a cupcake like Sam Houston

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Noooo! As long as NDSU is FCS im glad to see teams that raise the quality of ball in the subdivision to the point of having teams that can beat FBS teams and us. Right now there is still a lot of high quality D1 ball being played and you could pick out a handful of teams from this year's playoff that could beat many P5 teams or at least make life miserable for them. There are enough good teams that the playoffs are intense, challenging and fun and winning the FCS championship means something. But...no more good program losses. Please talk your AD out of moving up
    Maybe we could get the MAC to take both of us?

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NH/JMU Saxkow View Post
    We don't want to play down to that level.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    I am honestly ok with that type of schedual for us. One thing that hurt us this year was injury and the inability to develop depth (key seasone ending injuries at all three levesl of the D and multipleplayers playing wtih injuries along the TE and O line). The MVFC is certainly challenging enough. Thus i am finw with going back to the OC foromula of an FBS and or one top shelf FCS and two Cpuffs.
    It's understandable to have one creampuff for the 1st game of the season, but it sucks when it's more than that. This year, our home schedule was Morehead State, Central Connecticut State, Delaware, W&M, URI, and Elon. None of those teams were good (although W&M being bad was a surprise). Only one game - Parent's Weekend - was a sell-out. There was no excitement for the team until we got to the "meat" of our schedule in early November.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by Milkman View Post
    Last edited by BYZEN; Today at 11:58 AM. Reason: Didn't see the Milkman had delivered! - haha well played!
    The Milkman knows milk, man.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NH/JMU Saxkow View Post
    I would like getting to play annual P5 games but that would be the only draw. I think the MVC is playing better football than the MAC. The MVC won 3 P5 games this year...THREE, and others had their P5 opponents on the ropes. As ridiculous as it sounds that could be a step down. Also, at this stage, the FCS playoffs are also better football and more meaningful than MAC games would be