Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will scheduling get "easier" because of the loss?

Default Re: Will scheduling get "easier" because of the loss?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    Not reading this thread the answer is clearly NOOOOOO!! How does one semifinal loss change anything?
    it does not change a thing. We are going to be playing for Chippers for some time. The only way scheduling gets easier is when we are not considered the top. So ok, we are not the top team this year, but we are still the top program

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    From the JMU fan forum, they were saying before the game that
    James Madison had tried for a home/home with NDSU.
    Perhaps involving the last ESPN season opener.
    Wouldn't mind seeing the Dukes again.
    And they do draw well at home, so would look good on tv.
    A nice game to help build the FCS brand, one east coast team plus NDSU.
    Yes, the rumor from this summer was that the opening game was supposed to be JMU at NDSU. Our admin was for it if we could get a return game - but apparently NDSU didn't want that. The fans on our board were pissed (but we didn't know who exactly to be mad at since we didn't know exactly what was true). We would love to get a series going with you guys.

Unfortunately no. We can still beat good P5 teams. If anything, FBS scheduling just gets harder for JMU
    No - we've already been dealing with those challenges to some extent since our first championship, but even more so since our win over Virginia Tech. It's no coincidence that we do not have any future dates with Tech anytime soon. We have gotten some other good I-A teams (even got a neutral-site game with WVU a couple of years ago). But for the I-AA teams, most of the contenders want nothing to do with us - so we get stuck with Pioneer and NEC opponents.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NH/JMU Saxkow View Post
    No - we've already been dealing with those challenges to some extent since our first championship, but even more so since our win over Virginia Tech. It's no coincidence that we do not have any future dates with Tech anytime soon. We have gotten some other good I-A teams (even got a neutral-site game with WVU a couple of years ago). But for the I-AA teams, most of the contenders want nothing to do with us - so we get stuck with Pioneer and NEC opponents.
    It maybe has been more difficult to find takers but it's still relatively easy for you. You guys just announced this season FBS opponents for the next three years (I'm jealous). "Difficult" is when everyone hangs up the phone and you are lucky to land one every four years starting a bazillion years from now. If you are able to maintain a level of beating teams like NDSU and winning FBS games and nattys you'll learn what difficult is

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    It maybe has been more difficult to find takers but it's still relatively easy for you. You guys just announced this season FBS opponents for the next three years (I'm jealous). "Difficult" is when everyone hangs up the phone and you are lucky to land one every four years starting a bazillion years from now. If you are able to maintain a level of beating teams like NDSU and winning FBS games and nattys you'll learn what difficult is
    Hopefully, when we get to that point, we'll be on our way to moving up to I-A.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Hopefully, when we get to that point, we'll be on our way to moving up to I-A.
    Noooo! As long as NDSU is FCS im glad to see teams that raise the quality of ball in the subdivision to the point of having teams that can beat FBS teams and us. Right now there is still a lot of high quality D1 ball being played and you could pick out a handful of teams from this year's playoff that could beat many P5 teams or at least make life miserable for them. There are enough good teams that the playoffs are intense, challenging and fun and winning the FCS championship means something. But...no more good program losses. Please talk your AD out of moving up

Anyone posting here knows that just because we lost doesn't mean the Bison are going anywhere.

I am honestly ok with that type of schedual for us. One thing that hurt us this year was injury and the inability to develop depth (key seasone ending injuries at all three levesl of the D and multipleplayers playing wtih injuries along the TE and O line). The MVFC is certainly challenging enough. Thus i am finw with going back to the OC foromula of an FBS and or one top shelf FCS and two Cpuffs.

I think scheduling will become super easy.

With the loss on Friday, NDSU has clearly become a mediocre team, at best. Hell, might be lucky to win a game in 2017.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    I think scheduling will become super easy.

With the loss on Friday, NDSU has clearly become a mediocre team, at best. Hell, might be lucky to win a game in 2017.
    You wouldn't happen to live in Jamestown would you?