Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will scheduling get "easier" because of the loss?

Default Re: Will scheduling get "easier" because of the loss?

This season, much like the past 3 with Coastal Carolina, shows that FCS teams love to use stats and a record to hide behind when talking about ranking/seeding. *cough* Sam Houston*

These teams will continue to have a schedule filled with high school teams and continue to go 10-1, 11-0, etc, but then when they get to playoffs and face 'actual' playoff teams; crumble. NDSU needs to keep what they are doing and condition and build championship caliber teams, not hype them up all season only to have them devastated with humiliating losses because they haven't faced anyone all year.

/ramble

From the JMU fan forum, they were saying before the game that
    James Madison had tried for a home/home with NDSU.
    Perhaps involving the last ESPN season opener.
    Wouldn't mind seeing the Dukes again.
    And they do draw well at home, so would look good on tv.
    A nice game to help build the FCS brand, one east coast team plus NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    This season, much like the past 3 with Coastal Carolina, shows that FCS teams love to use stats and a record to hide behind when talking about ranking/seeding. *cough* Sam Houston*

These teams will continue to have a schedule filled with high school teams and continue to go 10-1, 11-0, etc, but then when they get to playoffs and face 'actual' playoff teams; crumble. NDSU needs to keep what they are doing and condition and build championship caliber teams, not hype them up all season only to have them devastated with humiliating losses because they haven't faced anyone all year.

/ramble
    I agree, but this year ended up a bit extreme. MVFC is it's own meatgrinder. Maybe just lighten up a bit with the out of conference schedule. No DIIs but they don't ALL have to be FBS and playoff contending FCS teams either.

Replace RMU or MVSU with an FBS opponent and we probably have the ideal schedule in my opinion. 1 cupcake, 1 FBS and 1 FCS playoff contender.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Replace RMU or MVSU with an FBS opponent and we probably have the ideal schedule in my opinion. 1 cupcake, 1 FBS and 1 FCS playoff contender.
    I agree....

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I agree, but this year ended up a bit extreme. MVFC is it's own meatgrinder. Maybe just lighten up a bit with the out of conference schedule. No DIIs but they don't ALL have to be FBS and playoff contending FCS teams either.
    Right, MVFC is the strongest conference in FCS. This year's team was 3 out-of-conference plays away from being unseeded.

I don't think this season is going to have any affect on P5 schools picking up the phone. That will take years.

Ha!! Is this thread serious?! The answer is, unfortunately, HELL NO!!
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post

/ramble
    NDSU could schedule all cupcakes ooc and still not play that game because the MVC is going to test you irregardless who else is scheduled

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Id happily take an FBS and cupcakes. As long as we get an FBS game I could care less about the others. We'll see plenty of FCS playoof teams in conference play...and the playoffs

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Not reading this thread the answer is clearly NOOOOOO!! How does one semifinal loss change anything?