Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will scheduling get "easier" because of the loss?

Default Will scheduling get "easier" because of the loss?

Lets face it - the loss sucks. But if there is one possible upside to it, it could be the scheduling.

Do you think other teams - FBS and FCS - may be willing to schedule NDSU in the future knowing that were are "beatable"?

I have read that some FCS teams wouldn't even do home and homes with NDSU in the past during the streak. FBS teams (looking at you, Arkansas) would rather schedule MEAC teams because we win against the big boys.

I think the loss won't really help too much, but it may get some teams to at least answer the phone. Most FCS teams that we pay to come to Fargo are in desperate need of money and/or know they have no shot at the playoffs that season anyway, so they are fine being that body bag game. We may be able to get moderately better teams to come to Fargo for a guarantee now that we lost, but I still think most teams, FBS and FCS, are still going to turn us away in the near future.

Default Re: Will scheduling get "easier" because of the loss?

It's not the first loss (and won't be the last) so we have always been "beatable." If any individual or team thinks that we won't continue to field competitive teams in the future I think they are mistaken. I don't see this single loss as making us a more attractive opponent.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Definitely not.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I thought this thread was going to be about not doing such a brutal schedule anymore. Need at least one good guaranteed cupcake a year.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I thought this thread was going to be about not doing such a brutal schedule anymore. Need at least one good guaranteed cupcake a year.
    I agree with you 100%. This season, we were forced to play 3 tough games because we could not find any easy opponent to play us.

Next year will be much easier with Robert Morris and Mississippi Valley State - 2 of the 10 worst FCS teams on the schedule.

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don't think it will because anyone in any Athletic Dept. will know their shit when it comes to college football (at least they SHOULD). They will have done their research and still see that we have a recent 5-peat and that our record since 2011 is 83-7 (2010 is 92-12). If they want a tough opponent, go ahead, schedule us. But if they are scared of a L, forget it. I just don't foresee mush of change in who we play in non-con games. One loss is not much compared to 100 games.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I enjoyed the non-conference schedule this year but see some value in having a couple teams you can crush to allow the younger guys to play and build some depth.

Not as long as we keep beating Fbs teams

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Unfortunately no. We can still beat good P5 teams. If anything, FBS scheduling just gets harder for JMU

I don't think anything really changed. Team still went 12-2, beat Iowa, beat a number of great FCS teams, I'm not sure people want to know the kind of losing it would take to change perception that would make scheduling easier.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.