Thread: The other streak that ended

Default The other streak that ended

With Lance ending as our leading rusher at "only" 996 net yards our streak of 1,000 yard rushers that went back to 2003 and Rod Malone also ended last Friday.

There have been some great ones hitting that mark over the last 13 years. Here's to hoping the next one starts with 2 1,000 yard guys like we had with Sam O & John C and Sam O & DJ M from 11-13.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Default Re: The other streak that ended

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    With Lance ending as our leading rusher at "only" 996 net yards our streak of 1,000 yard rushers that went back to 2003 and Rod Malone also ended last Friday.

There have been some great ones hitting that mark over the last 13 years. Here's to hoping the next one starts with 2 1,000 yard guys like we had with Sam O & John C and Sam O & DJ M from 11-13.
    This is a great point and probably a big factor of why we didn't feel as dominant of team this year as we have in the past. We just didn't seem to have that go to back that we knew could put the team on their back and give them the ball.

Part of it is it didn't seem like they let RB's get into any rhythm during the game. We were constantly swapping out guys so no one dude got big yards. So many times this year we'd see Frasier bust through with a nice 8 yard run, get up pumped and ready to roll, only to see him get swapped out on the next play. I'd like to see us lean on the RB's a little more next year.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    This is a great point and probably a big factor of why we didn't feel as dominant of team this year as we have in the past. We just didn't seem to have that go to back that we knew could put the team on their back and give them the ball.

Part of it is it didn't seem like they let RB's get into any rhythm during the game. We were constantly swapping out guys so no one dude got big yards. So many times this year we'd see Frasier bust through with a nice 8 yard run, get up pumped and ready to roll, only to see him get swapped out on the next play. I'd like to see us lean on the RB's a little more next year.
    We also had one less game than we have the last 5 years. Pretty sure Lance would have generated 4 yards in the championship.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

At least we are still undefeated in gold jerseys.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Bridge Guy View Post
    We also had one less game than we have the last 5 years. Pretty sure Lance would have generated 4 yards in the championship.
    King was only 121 short too, so they both could've gotten there.

Top 3 rushers through the title steak and this year:

Lance - 996
    King - 879
    Easton - 685

King - 1,158
    Bruce - 503
    Easton - 498

John - 1,994
    Carson - 642
    King - 616

Sam -1,398
    John - 1,277
    Brock - 479

Sam -1,047
    John - 1,038
    Brock - 357

Sam - 1,105
    DJ - 1,020
    Brock - 173

Looking at that it would seem that the biggest shift in the running game isn't the share of carries that the lead RB's are getting, but the carries that the QB is getting. Is that good or bad overall? I don't know, the QB run has been an effective weapon at times for us, but we have been less dominant as it's become more of a consistent weapon. That could mean something or it could be coincidental.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

One thousand yard rushers are nice, but yards per carry might be a better indication of productivity. Second highest this year in the six-year run.

2016---5.7
    2015---5.0
    2014---5,2
    2013---5.9
    2012---4.8
    2011---4.9
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We're the #2 Sagarin team.

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    At least we are still undefeated in gold jerseys.
    And the Harvest Helmets.

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    We're the #2 Sagarin team.
    Wow, I'm actually a bit surprised by that one. I figured we might have had enough of a lead over everyone else to stay ahead, but JMU is probably about where they deserve to be at #1. We'll see how the title game ends up.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    One thousand yard rushers are nice, but yards per carry might be a better indication of productivity. Second highest this year in the six-year run.

2016---5.7
    2015---5.0
    2014---5,2
    2013---5.9
    2012---4.8
    2011---4.9
    This is interesting. I would not have guessed that so it's good to see the facts. That's a really good YPC average.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!