Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: GDT: 12/20 @ Arkansas

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: GDT: 12/20 @ Arkansas

i did not have a Chance to watch the game but seriously Dex only takes three shots and makes two of them. Man if I was the point guard in city league I would make sure he gets more chances than that. To me he needs ten attempts on this team.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Um..everyone calm down. This is a 9-1 SEC team. They are good. We likely werent going to win. Man, some of you are like that letter to the forum guy whenever we lose.
    Has nothing to do with who the Bison played...they played a great game defensively and they were unlikely to win but the offense is garbage especially when you miss so many open looks and free throws...and Kabellis needs to ride the pine, he is not good! How does that have anything to do with the opposing team? Did you even watch the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    Has nothing to do with who the Bison played...they played a great game defensively and they were unlikely to win but the offense is garbage especially when you miss so many open looks and free throws...and Kabellis needs to ride the pine, he is not good! How does that have anything to do with the opposing team? Did you even watch the game?
    Not every missed shot was wide open. Yes, they did miss open shots, every team does. Arkansas d was doing a good job contesting shots and shutting down any inside scoring. Both teams played well defensivly which led to the low scoring % for both teams. That 16-0 killer us. Step away from the ledge. We are still a good team.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Good game from ndsu other than the 16-0 run. Still way too many 3 pointers for my liking. Dex had the ball plenty inside but couldn't do anything against their interior.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Not every missed shot was wide open. Yes, they did miss open shots, every team does. Arkansas d was doing a good job contesting shots and shutting down any inside scoring. Both teams played well defensivly which led to the low scoring % for both teams. That 16-0 killer us. Step away from the ledge. We are still a good team.
    Step out of your dream world. Overall this is not a good team. Fair maybe. Might be a good team next year.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Step out of your dream world. Overall this is not a good team. Fair maybe. Might be a good team next year.
    This is a good team for the summit league. Anyone who thinks otherwise isn't paying attention to conference teams.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    This is a good team for the summit league. Anyone who thinks otherwise isn't paying attention to conference teams.
    We will go .500 in the summit with this offense.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    We will go .500 in the summit with this offense.
    Not a chance. Have you seen some of the other offenses around the Summit? Not any better.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Not a chance. Have you seen some of the other offenses around the Summit? Not any better.
    I agree. Most are not any better. But they're not any worse either. So it will be a coin flip...hence .500. Having said that, I truly hope you're right and I'm wrong. I'd love to eat crow in this case. But let's face it, from coaches on down, we mostly suck right now.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    I agree. Most are not any better. But they're not any worse either. So it will be a coin flip...hence .500. Having said that, I truly hope you're right and I'm wrong. I'd love to eat crow in this case. But let's face it, from coaches on down, we mostly suck right now.
    I'm not any more enamored with the offense than you and a lot of people. It's ugly to watch. The Summit is pretty down this year. IPFW is really good, and on another level from everyone. IMO NDSU has been the 2nd best team despite the offense. There isn't 1 impressive team outside IPFW that is even concerning IMHO. South Dakota St who was picked to finished 2nd is basically a mess on offense with the exception of a couple games where they just shot lights out. Their defense has also been horrible. They may get better but their ceiling is a lot lower than it's been in the past. South Dakota and Omaha are 2 teams with better offenses in the Summit and they are never stronger than the defenses of Summit. Hell, UND would be a stronger Summit team this year and we now how we can play against them if we're clicking.

NDSU needs to finish top 3 and should to stay clear of IPFW in the first couple rounds of the conference tourney. Than were right back in that 1 game scenario where anything can happen like last year in that huge win over them. I would be surprised if NDSU got to the NCAA's, but I don't think the conference is going to be their parking brake as much as IPFW is because they look to be better than everyone and they should have been this year with who they returned.