Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: James Madison vs Youngstown State FCS Championship game suspensions

BisonBacker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: James Madison vs Youngstown State FCS Championship game suspensions

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    It is in their hometown's newspaper for chrissakes!

Certainly worthy of discussion.

I haven't seen anyone on here say with any amount of certainty that its true.
    I was referring to starting the thread here last week that was locked. I was the one that started it. Yes it is worthy of discussion. I think you misunderstood my comment.

Anybody check the SHSU board? Would not have helped them in their game but bet they have something to say.
    Wouldnt the positive testers have played in that game?
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

BisonBacker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Anybody check the SHSU board? Would not have helped them in their game but bet they have something to say.
    Wouldnt the positive testers have played in that game?
    If you believe the JMU folks they will tell you they didn't play in our game. I asked them how they knew this given the university hasn't released the names of 5 of the 7. Not sure about what they'd claim on the SHSU game. Either way it's sad that it even happened. Stupid young men for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonBacker View Post
    If you believe the JMU folks they will tell you they didn't play in our game. I asked them how they knew this given the university hasn't released the names of 5 of the 7. Not sure about what they'd claim on the SHSU game. Either way it's sad that it even happened. Stupid young men for sure.
    Agree - I also talked to a JMU fan who said 7 players did not play in our game. 5 suspended for Youngstown & 7 for JMU. He (the JMU fans) was disgusted as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    Agree - I also talked to a JMU fan who said 7 players did not play in our game. 5 suspended for Youngstown & 7 for JMU. He (the JMU fans) was disgusted as well.
    This was not a surprise for any informed JMU fan because it's the same 7 that were suspended for the semifinal game. Go look on our message board and you will see that we were already talking about the suspensions on the morning of 12/16. Hereford and Alls were the only players of note. And the word from inside the program is that we are talking weed, not PEDs.

This had no relevance on the semifinal game, trust me. Everything I have told you guys so far has been 100% accurate, has it not?

Quote Originally Posted by thedukesarehere View Post
    This was not a surprise for any informed JMU fan because it's the same 7 that were suspended for the semifinal game. Go look on our message board and you will see that we were already talking about the suspensions on the morning of 12/16. Hereford and Alls were the only players of note. And the word from inside the program is that we are talking weed, not PEDs.

This had no relevance on the semifinal game, trust me. Everything I have told you guys so far has been 100% accurate, has it not?
    Well, with that kind of track record.............

a) Do you know the sample size? (how many were tested?)
    b) Have all seven of the names been released? If they have been released, where can the casual fan find this list?
    c) When you say "word from inside the program"; who is/are the person/people that you are getting the 100% accurate information from?
    d) Do you know from your "inside source" if more testing is forthcoming given the alarming number of positive tests on what appears to be just a small group of tested athletes?

Any fears of additional suspensions coming from testing done after the semifinals?

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Any fears of additional suspensions coming from testing done after the semifinals?
    that is good question since certain drugs linger in system for along time and with high number players tested positive on a small size. I think I read sample size was 16 and 7 were tested positive (44%).. Is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by scbison91 View Post
    that is good question since certain drugs linger in system for along time and with high number players tested positive on a small size. I think I read sample size was 16 and 7 were tested positive (44%).. Is that correct?
    Someone on Twitter yesterday stated NCAA protocol is random 15 players prior to game and random 15 players following game. Not sure if that is true or not. But 7 positive for banned substance (whatever it is) is very high. What would be the odds of NCAA randomly picking the only and all JMU players that took some sort of banned substance during that single testing. Statistics would state highly improbable.

For the record, I agree with TAB that NDSU didn't play well enough in the semi final game to win and earn a trip to Frisco (and I hope they come out with a burning fire to get back on top next season). So this issue isn't about NDSU losing. The issue is still very interesting because there are two teams playing in the Championship who have numerous players caught taking banned substances. And they are banned for a reason....regardless if it is "just pot." The banned substances can give athletes an edge. And if law of statistics applies, highly probable JMU and YSU have many more players who would have tested positive. I agree with IZZY on all his posts on this topic.

exactly.

there were tons of us who knew about this before the NDSU game. the only 2 players of note were Alls and Hereford.

and it was NOT PED's. I think knowing that anyone can pretty much guess what it was for.

bottom line - it had zero effect on any game and the guys were idiots for doing that. We were all in college once and did dumb things, but my god, can't you guys just wait until after January before blazing up?