Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast

Thread: James Madison vs Youngstown State FCS Championship game suspensions

Default Re: James Madison vs Youngstown State FCS Championship game suspensions

Quote Originally Posted by Bison_Pyro View Post
    Same prices for me. The rate I had this year was $199 thurs and $219 fri/sat.
    Ouch......
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison_Pyro View Post
    Same prices for me. The rate I had this year was $199 thurs and $219 fri/sat.
    You must have booked a little later than we did... (?)... our rate was $159. also. (Another reason why we should have "stayed with the plan" & just gone to Frisco!)
    Not at all unhappy about the rate for Jan. 2018. It's worth it just for the location! Especially on Friday nite & Sat. AM! (Esp. if the game is EARLY again! Ugg.)
    Roll out of bed, & walk a few steps to tailgate. Nice!

The playoffs are just around the corner and this topic has me interested - James Madison and Youngstown had many players suspended during the playoffs. If this was FBS, this would have been a huge national story about the dozens of student athletes suspended, but the media in these markets didn't cover it, and didn't cover it during championship because they both had violations.

NDSU has been in a run of 7 playoffs - to my knowledge zero suspensions that were "suspicious".

Are there any conference calls that our media can pressure other teams about their "proactive" steps to ensure this doesn't happen this year?

Is the NCAA going to continue strong testing to ensure it doesn't happen in the days leading up to the games, not after the fact?

http://www.breezejmu.org/sports/jmu-...4b1f54036.html

https://herosports.com/news/fcs-cham...n-fcs-football

Why would our media do that? A they don't work for NDSU football and 2 even if they did what's to prevent a half a dozen of our guys from making the same mistake? It's beyond silly to think this is only something that happens somewhere else; that it can't happen here. Finally, who cares if some college kids smoke a little dope?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Why would our media do that? A they don't work for NDSU football and 2 even if they did what's to prevent a half a dozen of our guys from making the same mistake? It's beyond silly to think this is only something that happens somewhere else; that it can't happen here. Finally, who cares if some college kids smoke a little dope?

The school they attend and the NCAA. It is against the law.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

who gives a shit what other teams are doing? My team seems to get it, they understand that they are all playing for each other and wouldn't do something so stupid.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    who gives a shit what other teams are doing? My team seems to get it, they understand that they are all playing for each other and wouldn't do something so stupid.
    You seriously think they were smoking dope? Pretty sure they were pumping PED's.

If this would have happened in FBS, their would have been investigation and they would have forfeited playoff games won. That's the bottom line.

Also, I agree with the statement that our players could have done the same thing, but nobody has played in more playoff games this decade, and we have had zero violations.

Quote Originally Posted by northendzone View Post
    You seriously think they were smoking dope? Pretty sure they were pumping PED's.

If this would have happened in FBS, their would have been investigation and they would have forfeited playoff games won. That's the bottom line.

Also, I agree with the statement that our players could have done the same thing, but nobody has played in more playoff games this decade, and we have had zero violations.
    Weed is probably the easiest thing to get tripped up on. Most kids that age don't think it's a big deal and, while it isn't, the laws and rules about it are positively draconian.

So yes, it's very likely it was something as simple as weed. Now, my point which I'm not sure you're replying to because it has nothing to do with what you said, was that our team seems to be pretty well run in that our kids don't get in trouble on a large scale. A punter broke into a car and got dumped a couple years ago but that's about it.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by northendzone View Post

Well. The JMU coach said it wasn't PEDs and no one was arrested so what else is there except blowing a random test for recreational drugs?

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Weed is probably the easiest thing to get tripped up on. Most kids that age don't think it's a big deal and, while it isn't, the laws and rules about it are positively draconian.

So yes, it's very likely it was something as simple as weed. Now, my point which I'm not sure you're replying to because it has nothing to do with what you said, was that our team seems to be pretty well run in that our kids don't get in trouble on a large scale. A punter broke into a car and got dumped a couple years ago but that's about it.
    Didn't we have a guy who like to display his junk in public places?