Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: James Madison vs Youngstown State FCS Championship game suspensions

Default Re: James Madison vs Youngstown State FCS Championship game suspensions

It would appear to me if these allegations are true that the NCAA would strip the team from their wins as what happened to the U of M a few years ago but maybe the punishment wouldn't come u til after the season the NCAA isn't quick moving like the pro leagues

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    T Even if their backups were on PEDS their starters still kicked our butts so I don't know why people are acting so desperate for something to come of this.
    The thing is NDSU has taken pride and noted over and over how having depth has made the starters better. If it is PED's then even the starters are going against bigger faster stronger teammates that they then get to practice against. We say over and over Iron sharpens Iron. Well if you take pot metal give it a hard fake edge that it doesn't usually have it will still sharpen the Iron used against it.

This might not even be PED's and that is part of the point. It should all be laid out in public hiding it just furthers speculation.

maybe it was a banned supplement and some people say its "just a supplement" but I will tell you I have seen some people get some crazy results with what are labeled as supplements. There is a reason NCAA athletes can not just go buy any supplement off the internet and take it.

BisonBacker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kingslayer View Post
    Wait..didn't a thread already get locked because people were speculating on this? Well guess it's true!! Egg on face for whoever locked that shit up lol
    Yes it did and I was the one who started it from comments made on the JMU board. I get it's a slippery slope on starting threads or allowing them when information isn't available but I think locking the thread was wrong. As you said it turned out to be true.

BisonBacker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Then you don't know what cheating is. If it was a drug that assisted them performance wise it was cheating. Not all drugs whether illegal or not, would help them on the field. Even if their backups were on PEDS their starters still kicked our butts so I don't know why people are acting so desperate for something to come of this.
    Then you don't know shit from shinola. If one team is taking something that is banned by the NCAA that allows them to play when they may not have otherwise is cheating. As an example if it was POT and the user(s) taking it did so to alleviate pain during practice or game time where as they otherwise wouldn't have it's cheating. What part about banned don't you understand? It's banned for a reason and that is all that needs to be said.

By the way I said they beat us but who's to say the players that did play weren't some of those that took the banned substances.
    Last edited by BisonBacker; 12-20-2016 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonBacker View Post
    Yes it did and I was the one who started it from comments made on the JMU board. I get it's a slippery slope on starting threads or allowing them when information isn't available but I think locking the thread was wrong. As you said it turned out to be true.
    It is in their hometown's newspaper for chrissakes!

Certainly worthy of discussion.

I haven't seen anyone on here say with any amount of certainty that its true.

Now is the time for the sdsu coach to ask what we are teaching our kids.
    Wrong teams but good question
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

I'd like to see the policy on how many are randomly tested and if there is a point where that sample size is increased. If the initial failures were due to PEDS, I would hope they would further the sample into additional players.

I thought I read earlier that they only test 10 when there was discussion about the Youngstown suspensions.

Why not test a week before the playoffs are seeded as well as their regular protocol?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1993bison View Post
    Why not test a week before the playoffs are seeded as well as their regular protocol?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Because it's the ncaa. Nothing makes sense with them...

Quote Originally Posted by BISON24 View Post
    I'd like to see the policy on how many are randomly tested and if there is a point where that sample size is increased. If the initial failures were due to PEDS, I would hope they would further the sample into additional players.

I thought I read earlier that they only test 10 when there was discussion about the Youngstown suspensions.

I think that if more than 15% (4/15) test positive you test the whole damn team.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."