Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: James Madison vs Youngstown State FCS Championship game suspensions

Default Re: James Madison vs Youngstown State FCS Championship game suspensions

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Dawg View Post
    the streamer tradition goes back over 30 years to the early 80s when it was toilet paper rolls thrown on the basketball court after we scored our first basket.

there are youtube videos and images on the interweb that show it. the most famous instance being when we did it against UNC (with Jordan and Perkins) in the NCAA tournament in I believe 1982 and Matt Doherty plowed over one of our cheerleaders who was on the court to clean up. CBS had it all on live TV. Look on Youtube and you'll see it.

here is one image:
    Attachment 7587

the NCAA, of course,and rightfully so, soon banned the practice for safety reasons.

Quick sidenote: the cheerleader who was run over at that game was Sally Dudzik. Her son was Drew Dudzik, who happened to be our starting QB when we beat Virginia Tech back in 2010.
    He's also the cousin of Christian Dudzik our free safety from 2011-2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    At first Duke Dawg had my curiosity, but now Bisonator has my attention!

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    At first Duke Dawg had my curiosity, but now Bisonator has my attention!
    I think they discussed it a little on Bison 1660 the week prior to our game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    yes, i had forgotten about that. and they did bring it up at the 2011 playoff game.

We do not need streamers.

We have a Band!!
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    Wasn't their a pom pom night a couple years ago that turned out pathetic/embarrassing? Or am I making that up?
    C'mon bm2! You know damn well that Pom-Poms are always..... ALWAYS.... a-rousing success at ANY event!

I mean, hell, we could sit around and watch some guy blow on a tuba all day long (and there's nothing wrong with that ).......OR we can have luscious, jiggling Pom-poms exciting the bejeebers out of us on a regular basis.

Hello?!......McFly?!!

I just don't know where your head is at sometimes!
    Last edited by Bison Loaf; 01-11-2017 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Saw a JMU poster say since Toyota Stadium ran out it means they drink more than Bison fans. I chuckled.
    Yeah, they were dry before the game started for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So...maybe its been mentioned but I can't seem to find it; do we know the full list of JMU players that were suspended?

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    So...maybe its been mentioned but I can't seem to find it; do we know the full list of JMU players that were suspended?
    That list is kept secret. No one is to ever find out.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Just made hotel reservations for next year next to the stadium at the Comfort Suites. They said they want us back BADLY. They had 30 rooms that were left open. That is unbelievable.
    I was on a "list" and the Comfort Suites called me back today, reserved 3 rooms. Good rate and cheaper than this year. The lady said "tell your boys not to lose, we need you Bison back. We had 30 empty rooms"