Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: James Madison vs Youngstown State FCS Championship game suspensions

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: James Madison vs Youngstown State FCS Championship game suspensions

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Maybe NDSU and EWU should schedule a "clean" FCS championship game for sometime in the next couple weeks.
    At the "Azteca" in Mexico City! EWU is pry still thawing after Saturday's game!
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

I would refrain from thinking they are cheaters. We don't know what they were flagged for. I would think of them and their coaching/training staff as idiots though because they SHOULD know what will show up on a drug test.

Quote Originally Posted by walknroehl View Post
    I would refrain from thinking they are cheaters. We don't know what they were flagged for. I would think of them and their coaching/training staff as idiots though because they SHOULD know what will show up on a drug test.
    @Bold: Refrain from thinking they are cheaters, yet you imply the coaching and or training staff knew that players were taking/ingesting banned substances, whatever they may be? OK.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post

@Bold: Refrain from thinking they are cheaters, yet you imply the coaching and or training staff knew that players were taking/ingesting banned substances, whatever they may be? OK.
    Woah woah. I was more referring to them not checking that a supplement had a banned substance or educating their players that they need to get everything checked. I was not suggesting that the coaches knew or supported anything.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Maybe JMU's and YSU's suspended players could play the day before in Frisco for some sort of special trophy? Maybe like a pair of golden handcuffs or golden syringe?
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

For those that are perhaps hypothesizing that the substance may have been "just marijuana".....................

http://www.webmd.com/pain-management...esearch-show#1

The first sentence is the key.

Three puffs a day of cannabis, better known as marijuana, helps people with chronic nerve pain due to injury or surgery feel less pain and sleep better, a Canadian team has found.

Additionally, (and this is from my own personal knowledge database) in terms of performance, decreased pain enables a human to: lift more, push harder, etc. Examples of the consequences of this biological effect is well documented. Here are a couple:

a) a weight lifter on steroids lifts more than his/her skeletal frame can support and a fracture occurs.
    b) someone on any drug that decreases the body's perception of pain tends to be much more of a handful for law enforcement personnel in an arrest event.
    Last edited by IzzyFlexion; 12-20-2016 at 03:46 PM. Reason: spelling

BisonBacker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by walknroehl View Post
    The NCAA banned whatever it was they were using for a reason. You can call it what you want. I call it cheating.

NCAA Special Footballs for the Natty.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by BisonBacker View Post
    The NCAA banned whatever it was they were using for a reason. You can call it what you want. I call it cheating.
    That's alot of faith your putting on the NCAA. Personally, I'm never going to assume that they know what the hell is going on and that they are ever doing the right thing for student athletes.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

GRAFTONBISON is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well at least JMU has a big enough band that could play the game if they don't have enough players left.