Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Going to philly

Default Going to philly

Planning a trip to philly for a game. Anybody been there? Where to stay where to eat. Any suggestions would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: Going to philly

Myself and three buddies were at the Arizona game in early October. Don't have any don't miss places to eat, but for tailgating: 1: Get up early and get there. 2: Have Bison gear on..everyone has Eagles, Wentz stuff on, so you won't stand out. Bison stuff will get you invited into conversation and you won't have to worry about getting a beer or getting something to eat. In fact I think the best food we had was at tailgating. 3: Get ready to have your picture taken "with the guys from ND"
    Philly fans are friendly, and are football sound, and if you have some football knowledge, conversations are good and thirst quenching ("you better have another beer") Also people will be more than happy to tell you about places to eat in their necks of the woods, just gotta ask. Have fun, enjoy the game. Fly Eagles Fly!

Also, we stayed at the Holiday Inn Stadium. Within walking distance of the Linc

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by North End Zone Resident View Post
    Myself and three buddies were at the Arizona game in early October. Don't have any don't miss places to eat, but for tailgating: 1: Get up early and get there. 2: Have Bison gear on..everyone has Eagles, Wentz stuff on, so you won't stand out. Bison stuff will get you invited into conversation and you won't have to worry about getting a beer or getting something to eat. In fact I think the best food we had was at tailgating. 3: Get ready to have your picture taken "with the guys from ND"
    Philly fans are friendly, and are football sound, and if you have some football knowledge, conversations are good and thirst quenching ("you better have another beer") Also people will be more than happy to tell you about places to eat in their necks of the woods, just gotta ask. Have fun, enjoy the game. Fly Eagles Fly!
    This is my plan for the Delaware/Eagles doubleheader in 2019.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

Jay is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Bunch of people going this weekend. Bison watch party here...

http://www.logan.citytap.com

Thanks- I see there’s a holiday inn really close and also a Marriott right by the stadium - anybody stay at one of those?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison'01 View Post
    Thanks- I see there’s a holiday inn really close and also a Marriott right by the stadium - anybody stay at one of those?

Looks like post number 3
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by North End Zone Resident View Post
    Philly fans are friendly
    That's the first time I've ever heard anyone say that about Eagles fans.

Since I only use to work in center city I can't offer any suggestions about places to eat since I like most office people come in and go out as quick as possible. Just a word of caution. It's not a super safe city like NYC but it's improving. It has a lot of aggressive beggers so don't give them money. Be aware of your surroundings and you should be fine. As with many cities, the Linc isn't near the touristy areas

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Looks like post number 3
    Sorry, missed that one!

I moved some posts to their own thread in the Watering Hole to end the derailment (largely caused by me being really crabby about perceptions of New York.) http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...ty-of-New-York

Anyway, I don't spend much time in Philly so don't have much to suggest.

I've been thinking about going to this restaurant next time I go though: http://www.citytavern.com/