Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 7 JMU Players Suspended for FCS Title Game

Default Re: 7 JMU Players Suspended for FCS Title Game

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Gal View Post
    Interesting for sure. May not be PEDS but may be PEDS...and possibly 5 played against NDSU....and they aren't clarifying. I guess we'll be able to confirm fan board folks saying those 5 did not when natty program is released.

I understand drug testing is random so not all players are tested....correct?
    With this significant number of suspensions, does the NCAA have anything in their testing policy that calls for another screening (of those that were not randomly tested on this go-round) ?

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Meh, bottom line is NDSU did not play well enough to get to Frisco. We had our chances, but came up short. And, no players on the Bison were suspended. I can live with that. I hope the fire is renewed for next year.
    Well said sir.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

So "if" it is PEDs, we are to believe only the 2-4 deep roster guys are doing it???? Really? I do not get the it is "just" pot either. I guess I am old school when it comes to that.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    So "if" it is PEDs, we are to believe only the 2-4 deep roster guys are doing it???? Really? I do not get the it is "just" pot either. I guess I am old school when it comes to that.
    I believe CAS touched on a teammate being busted back in the day. Using this line of thinking, should we really believe only the one guy was using?

I don't think pot is the end of the world but if am athlete is using it and gets busted I feel zero sympathy for them.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    For me it is not just with this. It is all the crap with different drug suspensions in all of sports. From the Olympics to our professional baseball, football teams having people using PED's. It pisses me off that people have to cheat and taint the games.

This may have been "just" pot it may not have been. It should have to be made public and who it is and what it is. The coaches hiding who it is so the other team won't know is bull. To me it is just like condoning it as they are using it as a advantage to make the other team not know who they are preparing for. There should be no "Gamesmanship" in the reporting or hiding behind privacy rules.
    I agree 100% with you. Its kinda classless that they coach is using something like this as an 'advantage' to keep Youngstown guessing. Actually, it isn't 'kinda' classless, it is.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I believe CAS touched on a teammate being busted back in the day. Using this line of thinking, should we really believe only the one guy was using?

I don't think pot is the end of the world but if am athlete is using it and gets busted I feel zero sympathy for them.
    It's not one guy, it's 7. And correct me if I'm wrong because I'm not certain, but wasn't it a random test?

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    It's not one guy, it's 7. And correct me if I'm wrong because I'm not certain, but wasn't it a random test?
    Yes, random test and you get a "positive" on 7 players??? what are the odds. How many get randomly tested each time?
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

For years we have been excited about all the exposure we have received from the media.
    We certainly could not have paid for it all. Some were saying that someone else needs to win because its "not good for football' for one team to win all the time.
    Well, you got your wish. JMU and Youngstown need to enjoy the media attention. It just might not be the attention you wanted.
    (I am not pushing aside some of the bad press ndsu received- we certainly know how it feels. It just never got to the national level. Its how you handle this that matters)
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Yes, random test and you get a "positive" on 7 players??? what are the odds. How many get randomly tested each time?
    Indeed!

Should have both schools' whole team line up..........whip their shit out...........and staaarrrrrrtttt pissin'.

But, I'm sure that the civil rights/PC crowd would freak the eff out if that happened.

The suspensions were probably for election fraud. Didn't Trump almost win Virginia?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk