Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Anish Shroff's Thoughts on Fargo and NDSU

Default Re: Anish Shroff's Thoughts on Fargo and NDSU

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Well, that's fine, but if we start losing to Ewoks in the future I'm out.

I hear ya... but that's years away.

In the mean time, I can't wait to watch the Bison freeze KC Keeler in Carbonite. (I don't know why but he just feels like the FCS's Han Solo).

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    Great post by Anish. You can tell the guy loves his job, does his prep work, and is sincere in what he says which is part of why I've always liked and appreciated him. That, and through the last six years I don't know if there is a playoff highlight (except maybe from SHSU I) that doesn't have either him or Scottie doing the play by play, and that's made him as much of part of a run, for me, as any of the other non-football aspects that made it all the more special to be around.

As good as he is, it seems like it's only a matter of time before he's moved on to things at ESPN that are "bigger" than the FCS playoffs, so at the end of each run there is a chance that it is the last time he does one of our games. I hope it's not, but if it is good for him because he deserves it.
    he pretty happy in charlotte and espnu. He gets to stay there as he does college football shows recorded in charlotte, plus he does baseball and lacrosse in spring (mostly games on the east coast).

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Very nice post by my fav FCS tv game caller. Hopefully we'll see Anish again in Fargo

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Just glad Jay Walker doesn't do it anymore... he's horrible. Anish is very good!

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Forum has picked up this story.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    The thing that very few realize is that this entire time, the whole 5peat streak, we have been watching Episode IV. When JMU came into the FargoDome and finally stopped the Bison by blowing up their plans for a 6peat we witnessed the ending of "A New Hope". It was the first time the Bison were stopped in their previously impenetrable fortress that was laying waste to the FCS playoffs at will.

You all know what comes next???

I can't think of a more fitting theme for next season.

Nicely done!!!!!
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Hey Fanette... if someone can figure out how to put "Bison" between the & empire (in the same font), that would make a nifty sign for the first game next season.
    Last edited by NFH Schlüssel; 12-21-2016 at 12:17 PM.
    "You're either green and growing or ripe and dying." - Craig Bohl

Quote Originally Posted by NFH Schlüssel View Post
    Hey Fanette... if someone can figure out how to put "Bison" between the & empire (in the same font), that would make a nifty sign for the first game next season.
    something like one of these two? bisonempire2.jpgbisonempire3.jpg
    Last edited by Milkman; 12-21-2016 at 09:59 PM.

I think "The Empire Strikes Back'" works just fine.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

someone with better photoshop skills could improve on this concept:

here's the original inspiration: