Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question from JMU alum regarding Frisco

Default Re: Question from JMU alum regarding Frisco

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Gal View Post
    Will Thunderstruck blare from bar speakers at any time during those days.
    Perhaps as salute to the Bison fans this could be played. But I guarantee somewhere, someone will say "wish those Bison fans were here. They sure spend money"
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by mckinncm View Post
    Are these bars like filled with fans or just locals? I'm assuming the ones in Frisco would be where fans go after the game. We don't really care either way. Just looking for a decent place to go for the long haul after the game. Really looking for something walking distance from whatever hotel we stay at. I'm assuming finding a hotel may be a problem. Gonna start looking this evening. Still gotta get game tickets too.
    Don't believe we saw any locals the five years we were there!

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Are you kidding me? You must have had your beer goggles on because the Locals are everywhere. The last couple years I got lots of comments from locals that witnessed the migration in person and they had nothing but good things to say. They were used to the green and gold. It'll be new to them this year.

We actually got tired of waiting for beers at the usual Wild Pitch-Tight Ends-Scruffy Duffy spots last year. Ended up meeting up with some friends that booked hotel late at the Comfort Inn-The Colony which has a bar called The Drunken Donkey right next to it. This spot was only 5 minutes down the road and the bar was probably 80% locals. One of the locals was actually someone from my hometown of Sheldon, ND which was crazy as f.

Quote Originally Posted by walknroehl View Post
    We actually got tired of waiting for beers at the usual Wild Pitch-Tight Ends-Scruffy Duffy spots last year. Ended up meeting up with some friends that booked hotel late at the Comfort Inn-The Colony which has a bar called The Drunken Donkey right next to it. This spot was only 5 minutes down the road and the bar was probably 80% locals. One of the locals was actually someone from my hometown of Sheldon, ND which was crazy as f.
    That is why I mentioned The Brickhouse. Good food and an okay beer selection. We sat out in the outdoor section the first two years...they have a fire out there...just perfect for us northerners...

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    That is why I mentioned The Brickhouse. Good food and an okay beer selection. We sat out in the outdoor section the first two years...they have a fire out there...just perfect for us northerners...
    That's funny. This Drunken Donkey place had an outdoor pagoda that they had put plastic sheeting around with overhead heaters in it and TV's which is where we sat.

perthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by mckinncm View Post
    Are these bars like filled with fans or just locals? I'm assuming the ones in Frisco would be where fans go after the game. We don't really care either way. Just looking for a decent place to go for the long haul after the game. Really looking for something walking distance from whatever hotel we stay at. I'm assuming finding a hotel may be a problem. Gonna start looking this evening. Still gotta get game tickets too.
    ncaa flash seats is the place for tickets

For you JMU, YSU folks, I have an auction going for 4 very good seats; no stub hub fee crap on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272490335990...84.m1555.l2649

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    While there were a lot of Bison at the legacy, I sat next to a couple at the Half Shell that were locals. She was a writer and actually sent me her book. History of the area.
    At the night club across the street they had lots of heaters because they were afraid we would get cold. Also there is a group of guys from Frisco that tailgate every year. They invited us to tailgate with them the first year before we tailgated. They soon began wearing Bison gear and had a Bison flag.

Quote Originally Posted by perthbison View Post
    ncaa flash seats is the place for tickets
    I like to have the tickets because I save them and have to admit I was disappointed when we received flash seats. I take that back. My couple of tickets sold pretty darn fast and boy was it simple. I'll eat crow on this one.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Swaghook is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If you are taking the wife downtown McKinney has lots of little shops with unique stuff. But what I enjoyed was having lunch at a place called SugarBacon. Had a classmate who lives there take us around. We stayed in Addison right by the Fogo De Chao Brazilian steakhouse go for lunch if you want to save a little on the cost.