Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question from JMU alum regarding Frisco

Default Re: Question from JMU alum regarding Frisco

I live there, so here is my advice. Stay around the 121/Preston/Dallas North Tollway intersection where Plano and Frisco meet near the Frisco Stonebriar Mall area. The aforementioned Wild Pitch and Tight Ends are right there. Lots of hotels, restaurants, bars.

West Plano (Legacy Town Center, Shops at Legacy) is a great place to stay with hotels and bars/restaurants.

As the fill up, Allen is another decent place to stay with a bunch of Hotels, restaurants, bars at the Villages at Allen and Fairview.

McKinney has some decent places also.

Farther down the line, Addison (along the Dallas North Tollway) has a lot of restaurants of the higher end Brazilian Steakhouses as well as better Steak places like 3-Forks.

Thats about as far away as I would go.

Quote Originally Posted by mckinncm View Post
    Since you all are basically citizens of Frisco I figured I'd ask you about areas to stay in. I just booked the flight so now we have to try to get a hotel someplace. So my question is do you all recommend an area or hotel to stay in. We're probably gonna want to go to a bar after the game so a hotel close to a decent bar would be nice. Any recommendations would be appreciated. BTW great game the other night and amazing run. You all have set the bar for everyone else on FCS.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Hutchins is the best BBQ restaurant we've found is you are staying in the Frisco area.

I think it's an absolute must to eat at a "order by the pound" BBQ joint while you are in Texas. Hard 8 would be another option but Hutchins is better and closer to the Stadium if you are staying in the area.

Hotels are mainly all about location. Where do you want to be when you roll into or out of bed. Hotels in Frisco especially the few right next to the stadium are better if tailgating is your main concern. Otherwise there are many options for hotels in the Plano area if being close to the bar scene is more important.
    The Hutchins in McKinney is better than the Hutchins in Frisco... Some people like Pecan Lodge, I find it overpriced.

Quote Originally Posted by cx500d View Post
    I live there, so here is my advice. Stay around the 121/Preston/Dallas North Tollway intersection where Plano and Frisco meet near the Frisco Stonebriar Mall area. The aforementioned Wild Pitch and Tight Ends are right there. Lots of hotels, restaurants, bars.

West Plano (Legacy Town Center, Shops at Legacy) is a great place to stay with hotels and bars/restaurants.

As the fill up, Allen is another decent place to stay with a bunch of Hotels, restaurants, bars at the Villages at Allen and Fairview.

McKinney has some decent places also.

Farther down the line, Addison (along the Dallas North Tollway) has a lot of restaurants of the higher end Brazilian Steakhouses as well as better Steak places like 3-Forks.

Thats about as far away as I would go.
    Agreed with everything. If you book at the Embassy Suites or Home 2 Suites (both Hilton properties) you can walk to the mall, Tight Ends and Wild Pitch. Quite convenient. And it's a quick drive over to the Legacy Plano area.

Damn it, now I'm starting to miss my annual trip south.

Not sure how "Destiny" at The Lodge is gonna make her car payment next month without K. H. or Slicky in Texas??

Quote Originally Posted by 5NDSU8 View Post
    Shops at Legacy - Plano - in that area.
    This. Great area. Lots of good restaurants and bars in that area. Uber rides are cheap and easy too.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

I just cancelled 6 rooms at the Holiday inn Express-north Plano. They have rooms available for about $145/night

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    This. Great area. Lots of good restaurants and bars in that area. Uber rides are cheap and easy too.
    will Scruffy Duffys still have a tent party?
    We liked the Legacy. Half Shell was my favorite.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    shit, I need to stop reading this thread. At first I was relieved at the thought of not having to get together a hotel room and flight and tickets but I always had a great time when I was down there. Going to miss not going down there this year.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Will Thunderstruck blare from bar speakers at any time during those days.

Are these bars like filled with fans or just locals? I'm assuming the ones in Frisco would be where fans go after the game. We don't really care either way. Just looking for a decent place to go for the long haul after the game. Really looking for something walking distance from whatever hotel we stay at. I'm assuming finding a hotel may be a problem. Gonna start looking this evening. Still gotta get game tickets too.