Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Question from JMU alum regarding Frisco

Default Question from JMU alum regarding Frisco

Since you all are basically citizens of Frisco I figured I'd ask you about areas to stay in. I just booked the flight so now we have to try to get a hotel someplace. So my question is do you all recommend an area or hotel to stay in. We're probably gonna want to go to a bar after the game so a hotel close to a decent bar would be nice. Any recommendations would be appreciated. BTW great game the other night and amazing run. You all have set the bar for everyone else on FCS.

Default Re: Question from JMU alum regarding Frisco

Stay in Plano. Easy driving distance to the game...15-20 minutes or so. The Brickhouse is a fun bar in Plano that is withing walking distance of several hotels there. Tight Ends and/or Wild Pitch are must hits. Get there early though, Bison fans fill up the place quickly...oh wait...nevermind.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

I recommend staying in Frisco. I really like the area around the minor league baseball field. I am quite fond of the Hilton Garden Inn right off Gaylord Parkway.

How early do the parking lots open for tailgating at the stadium on gameday?

Quote Originally Posted by thedukesarehere View Post
    They will be open a solid 4-5 hours before kickoff. In the past they have let you park large busses, rv and trailers in there the night before.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Every year it seemed to get earlier because our fans always arrive earlier than the announced opening time.

533 In a row

Shops at Legacy - Plano - in that area.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Lots of hotels within 15-20 min of stadium. Uber everwhere. Have one... or several for us.

I think official time was like 8 AM, but we were all out there much, much earlier.

Hutchins is the best BBQ restaurant we've found is you are staying in the Frisco area.

I think it's an absolute must to eat at a "order by the pound" BBQ joint while you are in Texas. Hard 8 would be another option but Hutchins is better and closer to the Stadium if you are staying in the area.

Hotels are mainly all about location. Where do you want to be when you roll into or out of bed. Hotels in Frisco especially the few right next to the stadium are better if tailgating is your main concern. Otherwise there are many options for hotels in the Plano area if being close to the bar scene is more important.