Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waupaca and NDSU product Jensen has winning touch

JustinTyem is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Waupaca and NDSU product Jensen has winning touch

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Waupaca and NDSU product Jensen has winning touch

(Didn't read the article... yet.)
    1. Lead a CFL team to Grey Cup.
    2. Catch on NFL team, lead them to Super Bowl win.
    3. 30 for 30 on a QB with none of the tangibles and all of the intangibles.
    4. Profit.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

The article above says the Redblack's picked up Brock's option, so he apparently was a free agent.

Anyone got any further news on him? I still would like to see him get a chance in the NFL. Sounds like he is growing and learning in Ottawa under a really good QB. Would be sweet to see him get his shoulder completely healed, develop his passing game and smarts some more, get some decent playing time this season, and then generate interest back here in the states. I wonder if there really is as much separation between Jensen and Wentz as the NFL seems to think. I tend to think they are a lot closer in abilities than their NFL experiences seem to suggest. Wentz has a hard time complimenting Brock, it seems - maybe that is just rivalry stuff still lingering since Brock beat him out - but Brock might be better than he is getting credit for.

Time will tell ... and sometimes breaks fall for one person and not another, or not as fast as for another.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post
    The article above says the Redblack's picked up Brock's option, so he apparently was a free agent.

Anyone got any further news on him? I still would like to see him get a chance in the NFL. Sounds like he is growing and learning in Ottawa under a really good QB. Would be sweet to see him get his shoulder completely healed, develop his passing game and smarts some more, get some decent playing time this season, and then generate interest back here in the states. I wonder if there really is as much separation between Jensen and Wentz as the NFL seems to think. I tend to think they are a lot closer in abilities than their NFL experiences seem to suggest. Wentz has a hard time complimenting Brock, it seems - maybe that is just rivalry stuff still lingering since Brock beat him out - but Brock might be better than he is getting credit for.

Time will tell ... and sometimes breaks fall for one person and not another, or not as fast as for another.
    I think Brock has NFL potential. Probably not as a starter but certainly as a backup

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I think Brock has NFL potential. Probably not as a starter but certainly as a backup
    To be honest I don't. Great QB for us but not a NFL arm.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    To be honest I don't. Great QB for us but not a NFL arm.
    I'm curious how much stronger his chucker has gotten since graduating. He looks stronger

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post

I've seen quite a few articles where Wentz complimented Brock... Stated how he helped him with his development and getting prepared for games. Wentz can't force gms to jump on the Brock bandwagon.

I think if someone gives him another chance he'd do his best to make something of it. Nothing to be ashamed of a long CFL career though!

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    (Didn't read the article... yet.)
    1. Lead a CFL team to Grey Cup.
    2. Catch on NFL team, lead them to Super Bowl win.
    3. 30 for 30 on a QB with none of the tangibles and all of the intangibles.
    4. Profit.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    You've got it all wrong. It should be

Step 1: collect underwear
    Step 2:
    Step 3: profit

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The NFL at this juncture doesnt think so.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Brock was a great college QB. He's not an NFL caliber QB. That's OK very few are.