Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Immenseley Optimistic Wwwaaayyy,waayyy,waayyy,Too Early 2017 3 Deep Depth Chart

Wink Immenseley Optimistic Wwwaaayyy,waayyy,waayyy,Too Early 2017 3 Deep Depth Chart

I'll begin by prefacing this post by saying that I believe that after tonight's humbling, our coaches will take this team in a slightly different direction. I think they are going to realize that the FCS competition has taken it up a notch.

So....bigger, stronger, faster, smarter. Coaches and players. I envision a far more complex defense and offense next year. Bison will have several brilliant and experienced players on both sides. Not just experienced juniors and seniors, but really smart mature guys who could handle position changes and and a new complex playbook.

There are a hundred and more questions going into next year. I admire these coaches soooo much. How they balance the need to win every game with still understanding they are making life changing decisions with every player they demote,promote, or move around.

Case in point......What do you do with Greg Menard next year?? Most would cynically sneer and say something like ....are you suggesting a position change? that's just crazy talk. But really think about just this one. He is an enormously talented football player, but he will never measure up to play DE at the next level. 6'1.5" 240 lbs. CBS sports/NFL Draft Scout projects Menard as the #42 OLB in the 2018 draft. They also list Tre Dempsey as a CB. How many 180 pound safeties are there in the NFL??

Make no mistake, we are talking about the direction of a human being's life and quite possibly millions of dollars. Not to mention his current family and a presumed family of his own. Look, Menard will be fine; he has a 3.85 GPA with an engineering degree. I don't doubt for a second that the guy wants the NFL for himself. Look at the way he plays ....Ferocious!

Coaches moving successful players is by no means unprecedented. A couple years ago Mark Dantonio began to start Big Ten leading WR Tony Lippett, at CB. Subsequently, Tony was drafted to play CB and Lippett has been starting all year for the Dolphins at CB.

Are you suggesting Menard to Will LB?? Well....haven't we already seen snippets of that?
    Who will play end? Have you observed Cole Karcz in his limited snaps? If you haven't, do it! Caleb Butler is a destroyer, Stanley Jones? The Tuszka brothers!! Can we really leave all that talent on the bench?

Dare we even suggest the Bison may deploy some hybrid defensive sets like a ,"Wade Phillips attacking 3-4,"?? Morgan,Steidl, and Tanguay flanked by Greg Menard and Caleb Butler with Deluca at Mike and Marlette/Board/Brinkman/Kennelly at Will, Cox/Jaxon Brown/Nyangacha at SS, Grimsley/Kelley/Kisewski/ at FS. Bison are very deep at DT/NT, and Tanguay projects as a 5-technique at the next level, ala Justin Smith or Derek Wolf.

I fully expect Marquiess Bridges and Felix Dixon and perhaps even a yet to be named recruit to compete furiously for the 2nd CB and slot CB positions. Wimbush and Dom Davis are going to have to work for it.

No more bend and not break defense. More like slaughter,massacre, and take no prisoners stuff. I predict that only three opponents next year will score more than one TD in our games......Think about that. Last year in 2015 during the playoffs no team scored more than one TD in any game, and the 2017 Defense will be better IMO.

Stick will be better! Cole Davis will be better!! Henry VanDellen will be better!! Make no mistake.....Holden Hotchkiss IS the leader of the next, and greater dynasty.

Big change next year. The Rams will no longer be the behemoths of the MVC. Bison will need to adapt to having smaller quicker guys doing the dirty work. I believe the talent is there, especially in regard to pass protection. We may be significantly better in 2017. Spin it Easton! All day long.

A healthy Bruce!!! Do we even need more? I predict Damaris Purifoy will either crash and burn or show up next Spring at 210 pounds and looking like the next Adrian Peterson. Dunn is Dunn. He is already there. If the blocking is sufficient, he will get all the yardage that is there. Dmitri
    Williams will convert to RB and Sean Engel will immediately become all that!

My sleeper pick to shock and astonish next year is BENNETT RINDY!! Go show them what a real man can do kid. Eric Perkins was great, but the great Rindy shall amaze.

Nothing has been more frustrating to me all this year than under-usage of what I believe is gigantic talent at the TE position. I blame this more than anything else on yesterday's loss. JUST KEEP THROWING TO THE TE'S UNTIL THE DEFENSE ADJUSTS!!!!!!!!
    If they don't adjust, keep throwing to the TE's. Only a retard wouldn't get this simple logic. Why run and throw to the boundaries when the vast middle of the field is wide effin open!!!!!

I know I promised a real depth chart but I am out of Brandy and out of time.

This isn't over by any means. The Bison are just beginning to dominate the FCS. The next run will be greater than the last.

Default Re: Immenseley Optimistic Wwwaaayyy,waayyy,waayyy,Too Early 2017 3 Deep Depth Chart

Could not agree more about under usage of the TE, over the middle to force the LB to back into coverage. Seems simple to me but I'm not a highly trained and seasoned OC calling the plays.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Immenseley Optimistic Wwwaaayyy,waayyy,waayyy,Too Early 2017 3 Deep Depth Chart

Quote Originally Posted by Alsen View Post
    I'll begin by prefacing this post by saying that I believe that after tonight's humbling, our coaches will take this team in a slightly different direction. I think they are going to realize that the FCS competition has taken it up a notch.

So....bigger, stronger, faster, smarter. Coaches and players. I envision a far more complex defense and offense next year. Bison will have several brilliant and experienced players on both sides. Not just experienced juniors and seniors, but really smart mature guys who could handle position changes and and a new complex playbook.

There are a hundred and more questions going into next year. I admire these coaches soooo much. How they balance the need to win every game with still understanding they are making life changing decisions with every player they demote,promote, or move around.

Case in point......What do you do with Greg Menard next year?? Most would cynically sneer and say something like ....are you suggesting a position change? that's just crazy talk. But really think about just this one. He is an enormously talented football player, but he will never measure up to play DE at the next level. 6'1.5" 240 lbs. CBS sports/NFL Draft Scout projects Menard as the #42 OLB in the 2018 draft. They also list Tre Dempsey as a CB. How many 180 pound safeties are there in the NFL??

Make no mistake, we are talking about the direction of a human being's life and quite possibly millions of dollars. Not to mention his current family and a presumed family of his own. Look, Menard will be fine; he has a 3.85 GPA with an engineering degree. I don't doubt for a second that the guy wants the NFL for himself. Look at the way he plays ....Ferocious!

Coaches moving successful players is by no means unprecedented. A couple years ago Mark Dantonio began to start Big Ten leading WR Tony Lippett, at CB. Subsequently, Tony was drafted to play CB and Lippett has been starting all year for the Dolphins at CB.

Are you suggesting Menard to Will LB?? Well....haven't we already seen snippets of that?
    Who will play end? Have you observed Cole Karcz in his limited snaps? If you haven't, do it! Caleb Butler is a destroyer, Stanley Jones? The Tuszka brothers!! Can we really leave all that talent on the bench?

Dare we even suggest the Bison may deploy some hybrid defensive sets like a ,"Wade Phillips attacking 3-4,"?? Morgan,Steidl, and Tanguay flanked by Greg Menard and Caleb Butler with Deluca at Mike and Marlette/Board/Brinkman/Kennelly at Will, Cox/Jaxon Brown/Nyangacha at SS, Grimsley/Kelley/Kisewski/ at FS. Bison are very deep at DT/NT, and Tanguay projects as a 5-technique at the next level, ala Justin Smith or Derek Wolf.

I fully expect Marquiess Bridges and Felix Dixon and perhaps even a yet to be named recruit to compete furiously for the 2nd CB and slot CB positions. Wimbush and Dom Davis are going to have to work for it.

No more bend and not break defense. More like slaughter,massacre, and take no prisoners stuff. I predict that only three opponents next year will score more than one TD in our games......Think about that. Last year in 2015 during the playoffs no team scored more than one TD in any game, and the 2017 Defense will be better IMO.

Stick will be better! Cole Davis will be better!! Henry VanDellen will be better!! Make no mistake.....Holden Hotchkiss IS the leader of the next, and greater dynasty.

Big change next year. The Rams will no longer be the behemoths of the MVC. Bison will need to adapt to having smaller quicker guys doing the dirty work. I believe the talent is there, especially in regard to pass protection. We may be significantly better in 2017. Spin it Easton! All day long.

A healthy Bruce!!! Do we even need more? I predict Damaris Purifoy will either crash and burn or show up next Spring at 210 pounds and looking like the next Adrian Peterson. Dunn is Dunn. He is already there. If the blocking is sufficient, he will get all the yardage that is there. Dmitri
    Williams will convert to RB and Sean Engel will immediately become all that!

My sleeper pick to shock and astonish next year is BENNETT RINDY!! Go show them what a real man can do kid. Eric Perkins was great, but the great Rindy shall amaze.

Nothing has been more frustrating to me all this year than under-usage of what I believe is gigantic talent at the TE position. I blame this more than anything else on yesterday's loss. JUST KEEP THROWING TO THE TE'S UNTIL THE DEFENSE ADJUSTS!!!!!!!!
    If they don't adjust, keep throwing to the TE's. Only a retard wouldn't get this simple logic. Why run and throw to the boundaries when the vast middle of the field is wide effin open!!!!!

I know I promised a real depth chart but I am out of Brandy and out of time.

This isn't over by any means. The Bison are just beginning to dominate the FCS. The next run will be greater than the last.
    I need some of whatever you are having.

All kidding aside, I don't think we will be significantly better next year than we were this year. We will still be good, but we are no longer head and shoulders above the competition. We will be as good as Easton improves and this coaxing staff learns to make adjustments. Until those things happen NDSU is going to come back to the pack who is getting better at the same time.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Our TE's had a LOT of drops this year...that might be why they weren't as effective in the pass game

You don't reinvent the wheel of the formula that is the most successful in the history of college football because you lost a game that was tied after 3 quarters. You tweak it. We've experimented with a 34 look in the past but it never went anywhere

The reality is yesterday we were not only down Tanguay, we were down Steidl so we were basically playing with our 2nd team. Our backups just aren't as good as the starters... Yet. Also not having DeLuca kills our middle pass coverage. Not a knock on Plank but he's just not as athletic. We will be good with the same system

Move Menard because he doesn't have NFL DE size? Neither did Kyle Emanuel. You realize Menard is a half inch shorter than Kyle Emanuel and has the build of a DE with the long and wing span. He's arguably our best player on defense.

What does NFL size have to do with college players?

Our rams will have plenty of size. You realize that Radunz is already the same weigh as Lecher and he's 6-6. (per radio interview with coach Riley)

You realize we already run a super complex offensive and defense yet the players still miss gaps and blow coverages. Totally changing our defense will set the team back a year.
    Last edited by HerdBot; 12-17-2016 at 10:54 PM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Menard is a 3-4 OLB prospect. He doesn't need to move positions.
    Quote Originally Posted by GOD
    Hail the Bison!

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Throw the Playbook on Offense and start all over again. Run Run Run up the middle is not going to work. Teams are more physical than our team and have figured how to block the run.

Easton needs to throw accurate passes period. He is not a RB, he needs to learn how to stand in the pocket, read 1st , 2nd or 3rd receivers who are open and throw accurate passes.

Tackling techniques need to improve. How many times did the opposing team RB, TE gain +ve yards after tackle. I am not talking about yesterdays game i am talking about games we have played througout the season.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    Throw the Playbook on Offense and start all over again. Run Run Run up the middle is not going to work. Teams are more physical than our team and have figured how to block the run.

Easton needs to throw accurate passes period. He is not a RB, he needs to learn how to stand in the pocket, read 1st , 2nd or 3rd receivers who are open and throw accurate passes.

Tackling techniques need to improve. How many times did the opposing team RB, TE gain +ve yards after tackle. I am not talking about yesterdays game i am talking about games we have played througout the season.
    When teams clog the middle you need to do play action (not out of shotgun) or else have the running backs bounce it outside. (not just the jet sweep) We didn't do that. The only time we ran play action is when we were in the 4 minute offense

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

AKBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I am all for getting creative with Menard but I am pretty sure changing positions would be a bad idea. Especially since he is already dominant and one of the best in FCS. If he repeats Emanual's Senior year he will get plenty of looks at the NFL. Losing DeLuca hurt more than any injury we faced in this run with Beck being a close second. We barely overcame the loss of Beck but couldn't do so with DeLuca, he was that important.

We wont move someone based on Nfl aspirations. Something has to give at OLB though. I hope we never lose our power rushing, OL wearing people down mentality. The time that happens will be the fall of the program