Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Bison

Default Re: 2017 Bison

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    I am a power guy, but I would rather see us stretch the field to the edges with off tackle runs rather than the jet sweep. I would also rather do it more from under center than out of the gun, but that is just me. We did have success with Easton on the read option for some big gains and I agree with you Northern we will see a lot of that over the next two years.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I am a power guy, but I would rather see us stretch the field to the edges with off tackle runs rather than the jet sweep. I would also rather do it more from under center than out of the gun, but that is just me. We did have success with Easton on the read option for some big gains and I agree with you Northern we will see a lot of that over the next two years.
    I've said this a couple times this year. I think either TimP doesn't know how to call a power run game or he is slowly trying to phase it out. One of the big things with the power run game, and Bohl and Vigen would talk about this, is getting the big lineman and linebackers running sideline to sideline early in the game. Get them tired out..then in the 3rd and 4th that's when you have the Rams start leaning on them and just pound the ball up the middle for 4..5..yds a pop. You don't see hardly any off tackle runs anymore. To get to the outside it's either the jet sweep or a WR screen.

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    I've said this a couple times this year. I think either TimP doesn't know how to call a power run game or he is slowly trying to phase it out. One of the big things with the power run game, and Bohl and Vigen would talk about this, is getting the big lineman and linebackers running sideline to sideline early in the game. Get them tired out..then in the 3rd and 4th that's when you have the Rams start leaning on them and just pound the ball up the middle for 4..5..yds a pop. You don't see hardly any off tackle runs anymore. To get to the outside it's either the jet sweep or a WR screen.
    this^^^^^ times 100
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

yup.........the stretch play common in the NFL........

Gotta say, JMU could get more guys to the point the FB hit than most......needed to decoy that more

how will Henry Van Dellan look next year? he was tutoring with a qb coach during sundays all fall. Dude is gonna be good.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Hard to run against 10 guys in the box no matter how good your offensive line is. The play calling was so predictable at times. Two runs up the middle then a short pass on third and long. Need to mix some passes in on early downs to keep the defense honest.

I think Polasek has done this at times except he falls in love with doing everything out of the shotgun which loses its effectiveness when it's run all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by sbark View Post
    yup.........the stretch play common in the NFL........

Gotta say, JMU could get more guys to the point the FB hit than most......needed to decoy that more

I love the stretch play. You can run it out of any formation and we need to get to the edge other ways than the jet sweep which it seems like its either a huge gain or a 5 yard loss.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Bowl always used to say at Teammaker lunches "we have to get their fat guys running sideline to sideline early in the game"

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Bowl always used to say at Teammaker lunches "we have to get their fat guys running sideline to sideline early in the game"
    I really wish someone would go back thru the year and chart our stretch plays and document the average yard per carry. I know it is high. Shoot we hardly ran it against jmu yet one went for a long TD.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

I really wish someone would go back thru the year and chart our stretch plays and document the average yard per carry. I know it is high. Shoot we hardly ran it against jmu yet one went for a long TD.
    Get to work
    TRUST THE PROCESS