Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Bison

Default 2017 Bison

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Long time? Not sure I agree with that. 2014 Crock fit that mold. 2 years is not a long time.
    No he didn't. Crocket was not a physical back at all. Abdullah (sp?) for JMU was/is better than Crocket. Crocket benefited from a great OL. We recruit pussies as RBs. Period. Or we coach them to be--i dont know. What I do know is we don't have a RB that I would be concerned about tackling. Can our D say the same about our opponents? No!!

NDSU Football is regressing under this staff--mark it down. The pussification of it has begun. Just watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Default Re: 2017 Bison

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    No he didn't. Crocket was not a physical back at all. Abdullah (sp?) for JMU was/is better than Crocket. Crocket benefited from a great OL. We recruit pussies as RBs. Period. Or we coach them to be--i dont know. What I do know is we don't have a RB that I would be concerned about tackling. Can our D say the same about our opponents? No!!

NDSU Football is regressing under this staff--mark it down. The pussification of it has begun. Just watch.

Charlie Step Back From the edge and give it till tomorrow till you post. Emotions are running to high right now. Things are never as bad as one thinks.

Double post

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post

There is maybe a handful of running backs like the JMU back at the FCS level. What you want is what every team wants. I'd like a threesome with Katy Perry and Carrie Underwood, but that probably won't happen.

The type of back NDSU has recruited has worked out pretty dang well. Physicality of running backs had nothing to do with the loss to night. JMU was extremely quick and there was no running space on the inside.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

There is maybe a handful of running backs like the JMU back at the FCS level. What you want is what every team wants. I'd like a threesome with Katy Perry and Carrie Underwood, but that probably won't happen.

The type of back NDSU has recruited has worked out pretty dang well. Physicality of running backs had nothing to do with the loss to night. JMU was extremely quick and there was no running space on the inside.
    If there is a handful of backs like this in the FCS one of them should be at NDSU! JMU looked like they had the better athletes tonight. Is it coaching or is it recuiting?

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    If there is a handful of backs like this in the FCS one of them should be at NDSU! JMU looked like they had the better athletes tonight. Is it coaching or is it recuiting?
    I don't think running back is the issue. Teams would be tickled pink to have a Lance Dunn on their team. Receiving group is the only area I look at and think we have done poorly at in terms of recruiting and are way below average. Shep and RJ are good at what they do, but neither are number 1's.

99Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don't think running back is the issue. Teams would be tickled pink to have a Lance Dunn on their team. Receiving group is the only area I look at and think we have done poorly at in terms of recruiting and are way below average. Shep and RJ are good at what they do, but neither are number 1's.
    Ah... can this go into the preposterous thread? Shep and RJ are BOTH 1's on most teams...

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    mississippi valley state (home)
    ewu
    rober morris (home)
    misery state (home)
    isu-b
    ysu
    wiu (home)
    uni (home)
    sdsu
    usd (home)
    isu-red

schedule is favorable compared to the gauntlet this year.

Alternate bruce and lance every series like we used to do under bohl. No more of this committee nonsense.

Shorten polasek's leash.
    horribel schedule. Ick
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by 99Bison View Post
    Ah... can this go into the preposterous thread? Shep and RJ are BOTH 1's on most teams...
    Nope. Neither one of them are physical enough to get separation or go up and get the ball. They are good players, but it seems like every other team has a guy that you worry about, constantly need help over the top etc. Do you think defensive coordinators go to bed at night worrying about RJ and Shep beating them? No way.

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    We have a lot of guys returning, but I feel we just don't have the talent like in years past. Offensive play calling leads something to be desired, but at the same time, we don't have the talent to make big plays. Our QB isn't the greatest passer and we don't have any big play making receivers.

I think we will be good, but not good enough to win it all.
    We are certainly talented. We beat Iowa but when you lose DeLuca, Tanguay, and then Steidl... It's going to be easier to run up the middle. You lost PGT for extended time. You need those guys to beat great teams.

As far as corners go, yeah we weren't as talented nor as experienced. Jaylon Allison was clearly our best corner. Not Marcus or CJ good though. The good news is he showed flashes of brilliance and is as good of an athlete as those guys. For 2017 he needs to work on tackling and continue to improve.

Dom Davis is a great athlete. He showed flashes of brilliance and flashes of being a first time player

It's that second corner that's a huge question mark. I knew we had serious problems when Dakota Reid had one of the worst spring games ever, left the team in the spring and was replaced by Darren Kelly who was replaced by Wimbush who was a safety. Kid played his ass off and fought through injuries but he was clearly a massive liability. And if McCoy was behind Wimbush... That's all you need to know.

Next year we need Felix Dixon to emerge. We need Dom Davis to improve dramatically. We need Jaylon Allison to improve from good to great.

I think we need to recruit more corners. We don't even have a verbal this year

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com