Page 28 of 48 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Bison

Default Re: 2017 Bison

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBisonRock View Post
    I may or may not agree with your thesis statement. However, your argument fails bad. Look at Kupp's NFL draft profile and evaluate the results he had across 4 seasons. There were a lot of defenses which were burned by Kupp including Washington State with two talented corners. . Now had you indicated that the EWU offense continued to take advantage of our pass defense after Kupp was injured in that game, you would have a much better argument.
    Agreed, in spite of Kupp's 40 he's probably still a 2nd round pick. CJ and Marcus would've struggled to check him. Having said that, we did give up way more passing yards last year than previous years. Secondary, especially CB is a concern.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    Our Pass Defense still bothers me. Cooper Kupp was not a fast guy, his 40 time is 4.62 i think, yet we were unable to keep him in check. We still have nagging issues with our pass defense.
    Jerry Rice ran a 4.59.
    "The desire to win is useless without the desire to prepare."

"I've coached in a lot of great venues during my career, but there is no place louder than the Fargodome. There is no verbal communication whatsoever when you are down on that field. It's unbelievable. It's the best atmosphere in college football - at any level." - Jeff Monken

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    Our Pass Defense still bothers me. Cooper Kupp was not a fast guy, his 40 time is 4.62 i think, yet we were unable to keep him in check. We still have nagging issues with our pass defense.
    Wes Welker ran a 4.65 so I don't think it's that big of deal....
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    17 roster is up, lots of changes. Biegler moved to DT, guessing because Hubbs is not listed. C Volson up to 300.....Grimsley put on 10 lbs. Brinkmans weight must be a typo!
    With Hubbs gone, and Carlton before, that means two of the three DTs signed in 2015 are gone, only Darnell remains.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    With Hubbs gone, and Carlton before, that means two of the three DTs signed in 2015 are gone, only Darnell remains.
    Wasn't Hackl in that class as well or was he from the year after?
    Last edited by mtoutfitter; 03-12-2017 at 06:23 PM.

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Its really very disappointing as DL was a strength of the class on that signing day. Heck just about all of us thought that was a great trio.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Wasn't Hackl in that class as well or was he from the year after?
    Year after, 2016. Bison have struggled with their scholarship interior DL choices.

Wow, Sean Engel 211 already. Just....wow.

I hope that weight lil Zach put on is good weight.

Amazing roster, man this team is deep.

Nyangacha almost 200 already.

Year after, 2016. Bison have struggled with their scholarship interior DL choices.
    With that said what if any progress is Quinn Alo making? I thought I heard last year they were trying to make over his body. He is 11 lbs heavier this year. Will he be on two deep chart?
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    With that said what if any progress is Quinn Alo making? I thought I heard last year they were trying to make over his body. He is 11 lbs heavier this year. Will he be on two deep chart?
    Wouldn't the interior depth chart be....Tanguay/Morgan and Stiedl/Williams?

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!