Page 22 of 48 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Bison

Default Re: 2017 Bison

Quote Originally Posted by 1993bison View Post
    Stick with beer you are in the clear.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Whiskey makes her frisky.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by 1993bison View Post
    Beer in Frisco? Really? What a novel idea.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    wait what.....beer has always been allowed in Frisco.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    I am talking about all of the justifications used for last year's bitching compared to this year's justifications.....Last year plenty chuckleheads were bitching about CP and opening up the O too much, getting away from the Bison way (running the ball) and everyone getting on his case when he (CP) said teams were cathing up to us and we needed to change thigs up. It freaking halrious that now folks are bitching cause he is not changing it up enough and folks are saying teams are catching up. just makes me lol how fans think a coach is never right
    You're contradicting yourself, like the idiot you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    You're contradicting yourself, like the idiot you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No Putz, I am LOL at the contradictions used to bitch about CP over the last two season. I am not making any type of value statement about their actual value at all.

Well that's not true, I guess I do sorta imply that those bitching always have and always will bitch about CP, thus, you gotta take it for what it is....people bitching. Two years ago, CP was not running it up the gut enough (getting away from Bison Ball), a year later he is running up the gut too much (too predictable)...what will be the bitch next year?
    Last edited by MAKBison; 01-10-2017 at 04:30 AM.

No Putz, I am LOL at the contradictions used to bitch about CP over the last two season. I am not making any type of value statement about their actual value at all.

Well that's not true, I guess I do sorta imply that those bitching always have and always will bitch about CP, thus, you gotta take it for what it is....people bitching. Two years ago, CP was not running it up the gut enough (getting away from Bison Ball), a year later he is running up the gut too much (too predictable)...what will be the bitch next year?
    You have to have a feel for whats going on down on the field. If they are all pinching down to stop the inside run do you still run it there? Yes on occasion so you can go wide or off tackle but you have to use misdirection , or a counter to make it work. But the point in case of brain freeze is running the jet sweep twice in 2 series at the end of the game when they were all over previously and running up the middle when we are running out of time. There were many more moments during the year that Ive lost count of. I think hes a great position coach. But not everyone can be an O/C.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Well if it wasn't good 2 years ago, but enough to win it all it was forgivable. This year no excuse for making it easy for a team to shut Bison down in Semi's. Absolutely bland game plan and no adjustments during the game.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    You have to have a feel for whats going on down on the field. If they are all pinching down to stop the inside run do you still run it there? Yes on occasion so you can go wide or off tackle but you have to use misdirection , or a counter to make it work. But the point in case of brain freeze is running the jet sweep twice in 2 series at the end of the game when they were all over previously and running up the middle when we are running out of time. There were many more moments during the year that Ive lost count of. I think hes a great position coach. But not everyone can be an O/C.
    The post has nothing to do with right, wrong, or whatever. It is just an observation.....and its amusing. Ndsu OCs will never be good enough. Win, lose, it does not matter. This year compared to last is particularly funny due to exactness of the bitching being a complete 180.

Not sure why that is so hard for some to accept or why it offends.....i know that it is hard for some to laugh at themselves, but damn its just football. Btw i am not referring to you.
    Last edited by MAKBison; 01-10-2017 at 06:16 AM.

The post has nothing to do with right, wrong, or whatever. It is just an observation.....and its amusing. Ndsu OCs will never be good enough. Win, lose, it does not matter. This year compared to last is particularly funny due to exactness of the bitching being a complete 180.

Not sure why that is so hard for some to accept or why it offends.....i know that it is hard for some to laugh at themselves, but damn its just football. Btw i am not referring to you.

Fans are going to "bitch", that is just the way it is. We all do. It is just more pronounced when we lose. Ya, CP could have called a better game in the semis for sure.

Now we have to wait around almost 8 months....

The 2017 Bison will be a good one.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
    Fans are going to "bitch", that is just the way it is. We all do. It is just more pronounced when we lose. Ya, CP could have called a better game in the semis for sure.

Was it just the semi's? Seemed to be a trend this year. When we actually opened up the offense and let Stick throw on more than just 3rd and long or the Bootleg pass which we called way too much.... we were pretty effective. Teams this year said we will put 9-10 in the box to stop the run. Daring us to throw, man to man coverage which is what you want. Guess what we did most of the time... Run it up the gut... My girl friend could even call the play before it happened. It was very predictable.

Also did you notice how if we went into a game with a certain plan and that plan wasn't working we just kept doing the same thing. Like beating your head against a wall.... The jet sweep isn't working...well keep running the damn thing! The dive up the middle isn't working...well run it another 30 times... It wasn't all games. The 2nd game against SDSU was more open. The game against Ill St.

Go back and watch the first drive of the W Ill game. We scored in like four plays. WE actually passed the BALL!! Stick is more than capable. If you only pass on 3rd and long it's not going to be pretty for any QB

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post

Was it just the semi's? Seemed to be a trend this year. When we actually opened up the offense and let Stick throw on more than just 3rd and long or the Bootleg pass which we called way too much.... we were pretty effective. Teams this year said we will put 9-10 in the box to stop the run. Daring us to throw, man to man coverage which is what you want. Guess what we did most of the time... Run it up the gut... My girl friend could even call the play before it happened. It was very predictable.

Also did you notice how if we went into a game with a certain plan and that plan wasn't working we just kept doing the same thing. Like beating your head against a wall.... The jet sweep isn't working...well keep running the damn thing! The dive up the middle isn't working...well run it another 30 times... It wasn't all games. The 2nd game against SDSU was more open. The game against Ill St.

Go back and watch the first drive of the W Ill game. We scored in like four plays. WE actually passed the BALL!! Stick is more than capable. If you only pass on 3rd and long it's not going to be pretty for any QB