Page 14 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Bison

Default Re: 2017 Bison

Quote Originally Posted by 1993bison View Post
    Does that approach keep us from signing a more talented back?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Good question. Maybe someone else knows the answer, but I have never read anything to that effect.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

The strides Stumpf and PGT made are crazy. Really going to miss those two.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    Good question. Maybe someone else knows the answer, but I have never read anything to that effect.
    Honestly, along this line of thinking I've thought shitboxes like UND would start taking some recruits from us because of the opportunity to play right away. That hasn't really been the case though. Maybe these high school kids are smarter than I sometimes give them credit for.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Honestly, along this line of thinking I've thought shitboxes like UND would start taking some recruits from us because of the opportunity to play right away. That hasn't really been the case though. Maybe these high school kids are smarter than I sometimes give them credit for.

Never try to diminish a players ability but does the recruit that chooses a program knowing he will most likely have to wait to play buys into the "team" aspect right away. A kid that needs to play right away is thiking more about them selves? Again if a freshman can play ones like RJ you get them on the field as soon as possible.
    I will hang up and listen.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Never try to diminish a players ability but does the recruit that chooses a program knowing he will most likely have to wait to play buys into the "team" aspect right away. A kid that needs to play right away is thiking more about them selves? Again if a freshman can play ones like RJ you get them on the field as soon as possible.
    Thats a slippery slope to go down regarding a recruits psyche. Definitely not a topic for Christmas Day. But I have been pleasantly surprised at the number of recruiting "wins" we have had. Merry Christmas Bison Nation.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    That's silly. If a kid chose us over Ohio State you and everyone else would rightfully be ecstatic and could care less about his reasoning

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We need a real field goal kicker like Adam Keller. This Cam Pedersen kid is unreliable. He failed majestically in thr SemiFinals. Inside the dome he with no wind he could not kick 40 yardar. Maybe that is okay for Chris Klieman he will convince you for 30 minutes how hard it is to kick any field goal because the expectations are high after winning 5 straight NC.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    We need a real field goal kicker like Adam Keller. This Cam Pedersen kid is unreliable. He failed majestically in thr SemiFinals. Inside the dome he with no wind he could not kick 40 yardar. Maybe that is okay for Chris Klieman he will convince you for 30 minutes how hard it is to kick any field goal because the expectations are high after winning 5 straight NC.
    he missed a 45 yarder a hair to the right and was a yard short on a 49 yard attempt.

I agree Klieman has his flaws, sticking up for his players is not one of them. The decision to send him out there to attempt the 49-yarder with the tone of the game at that time is a decision that can be second guessed.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Lardsin must go!