Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Bison

Default Re: 2017 Bison

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    How about when we ran a counter against SDSU. Faked the run to the left and Dunn ran a counter to the right for his long td run. Our play calling was so conservative and predictable. Seems like its a run up the middle or jet sweep. Someone else mentioned it but where was our middle screen?
    Didn't we run the middle screen two or three times against JMU?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    How about when we ran a counter against SDSU. Faked the run to the left and Dunn ran a counter to the right for his long td run. Our play calling was so conservative and predictable. Seems like its a run up the middle or jet sweep. Someone else mentioned it but where was our middle screen?
    We ran a screen late in the game, a Jmu DL deflected it

Quote Originally Posted by 1993bison View Post
    Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How about the pitch out? I think we did that like once this year and it worked well so why bother doing it again.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    I've seen a few times where we did a quick handoff to the fullback off tackle that used to work well for Bonnet.

Guys, guys, guys...you all are missing the one thing that will put us over the top...better spoons for the dippin dots. If we'd done that...we'd be 84-6 and getting ready for Frisco. But no...we're stuck at home with SDSU and the co-champs of the big sky. Loserville. I was at the last home playoff game loss in 1991 (Mankato). I stayed away this last Friday night as I could feel it coming...25 years with no home playoff losses was going to catch up to us at some point. Just think...SDSU has won in Fargo twice in 55 years. I bet they have shitty spoons for their dippin dots too...fire everyone and start over. We gotta clean house. This coaching staff has got to go. Klieman has only 2 national championships and a semi-final appearance in 3 years? Pathetic.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If we are to be successful in running outside next year, we will need players who can stick a foot in the ground and cut upfield. The only one able to do that this year was Dimitri Williams. Dunn and Frazier were not the best at finding holes outside, unless those holes were mammoth sized. I would also like to see more athletic OLinemen, there just didn't seem to be enough downfield action from our O line this year, either that or our receivers need to pick up the blocking game. It's been annoying watching teams like YSU have running backs who can pick a hole, burst through it and pick up 8 yds.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Twice and they were sitting on it.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    I don't think that was the DJ McNorton middle screen though... The back was in the flat. Can't remember exactly but I think it was on a 3rd and long and I remember thinking don't run the obvious screen... Then it was stuffed

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Any chance we get back to a Pat Perles/Brent Vigen offensive plan?

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Anyone notice other teams fake a hand off to one runner then give to another? Why do we take the ball and hold it out for everyone to see whos going to get it?
    Also why are the TE and fullbacks relegated to blocking for the most part? When was the last time a running back was used as a safety valve out in the flat? Over the middle?

We have loads of talent and speed to beat opponents to the edge. Get the opposition moving left and right so they quit plugging up the gaps. Fake one way go the other-(misdirection).
    This isnt rocket science.
    Hey Burgundy, can you ask Coach P to respond to this post. Many of us are curious to know how he would respond.

Quote Originally Posted by 1993bison View Post
    Hey Burgundy, can you ask Coach P to respond to this post. Many of us are curious to know how he would respond.

You mean the coaches don't have bisonville accounts and read what everyone says before game planning for the following week. Huh who knew