Page 25 of 48 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Bison

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2017 Bison

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I would say yes. He's had an offer from us for quite some time and would be an absolute steal.
    Thanks, just assumed he was a WR from his SCOUT listing.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Rising redshirt Jr TE Isaac Lashua no longer on team.

"Just so people know I had to give up playing Football due to the need for another surgery in my left hip. It was very hard to do but the right choice in the long run. Thanks everyone for the support through the years."

Wish him the best and thankfuk for his time and sacrifices.

What I'm hoping for next year is that the team gets its arse-kicking swagger back full time. It showed up only periodically in 2016; mainly when they played like they had nothing to lose (Iowa).

I think they let the pressure of sustaining a legacy get to them too much this year and that prevented them from playing to their full potential. Add in the losses of total arse-kickers Deluca and Tanguay, this team didn't have someone lead in that category on-field and many times looked like a wrestler wrestling on his/her heels.

I haven't posted in this forum since the semi-final lost, but as good as JMU was, they weren't a better team in my opinion. The Bison team that manhandled SDSU the week before was not the same team that allowed JMU to come in their house and do what they said they were going to do all week, kicked their rear-ends. A team with NDSU's talent should never allow that to happen, especially if they are having fun imposing their will upon their opponents. Got to be the Alpha-dog in the fight!

With that said, looking forward to the 2017 season and being back in Frisco, TX a little less than a year from now.
    Hail the BISON!!!

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    What I'm hoping for next year is that the team gets its arse-kicking swagger back full time. It showed up only periodically in 2016; mainly when they played like they had nothing to lose (Iowa).

I think they let the pressure of sustaining a legacy get to them too much this year and that prevented them from playing to their full potential. Add in the losses of total arse-kickers Deluca and Tanguay, this team didn't have someone lead in that category on-field and many times looked like a wrestler wrestling on his/her heels.

I haven't posted in this forum since the semi-final lost, but as good as JMU was, they weren't a better team in my opinion. The Bison team that manhandled SDSU the week before was not the same team that allowed JMU to come in their house and do what they said they were going to do all week, kicked their rear-ends. A team with NDSU's talent should never allow that to happen, especially if they are having fun imposing their will upon their opponents. Got to be the Alpha-dog in the fight!

With that said, looking forward to the 2017 season and being back in Frisco, TX a little less than a year from now.
    Welcome back! I would love to agree with you but JMU was the better team in 2016. Yup, we looked like a potential championship team against Iowa and the playoff game against the Jacks but most of the year we were very inconsistent, couldn't get off the field on D, couldn't stay on the field on O and our passing game had the lowest production since we joined the Valley....The good news is, some of this can and should be improved on next season. (The D problems should be an easy fix). We were a very good team this year but not championship caliber IMO. 12-2 is pretty darn good for a down year though.

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Welcome back! I would love to agree with you but JMU was the better team in 2016. Yup, we looked like a potential championship team against Iowa and the playoff game against the Jacks but most of the year we were very inconsistent, couldn't get off the field on D, couldn't stay on the field on O and our passing game had the lowest production since we joined the Valley....The good news is, some of this can and should be improved on next season. (The D problems should be an easy fix). We were a very good team this year but not championship caliber IMO. 12-2 is pretty darn good for a down year though.
    To me, JMU just looked like the more hungry team that day. As the coaches say, "Stay Hungry, Stay Humble." Unfortunately, they weren't as hungry and got humbled.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    How can you say not championship caliber. Yes we were inconsistent and struggled at times but we still went 12- 2 and played the toughest schedule ever. We beat Iowa and lost to SDSU who was one of the best teams in the country. We also played without an nfl linebacker and best d linemen. We were not head and shoulders above everybody like past years but we were still in the top 2 in the country.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    How can you say not championship caliber.
    Ah? They didn't win a championship maybe!

OK I'm going back to total silence mode again.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post

You do realize you can have a championship caliber team even if you don't win it.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post

You do realize you can have a championship caliber team even if you don't win it.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

anyone know when the championship caliber t-shirts will be available at Scheels?

Lardsin must go!