Page 34 of 48 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Bison

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2017 Bison

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Adding DeLuca and Nate back is very important. Not graduating a DB is important. The depth on the DL is important. Hard to not imagine this is one impressive defense. It wasn't the number of injuries last year, but it stole our heart with Nick and Nate going out. I get excited for them to have another chance to run out of that tunnel.
    Thought that too...losing 2 Big keys to the defense is hard to overcome. Betting those 2 are gonna have a BIG year!
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Adding DeLuca and Nate back is very important. Not graduating a DB is important. The depth on the DL is important. Hard to not imagine this is one impressive defense. It wasn't the number of injuries last year, but it stole our heart with Nick and Nate going out. I get excited for them to have another chance to run out of that tunnel.
    Will Tanguay actually be ready by fall practice? As someone who destroyed his knee (which included the ACL, MCL and meniscus) 15 years ago, it took about 9 months before I was allowed by the USOTC staff to actually step back on a mat. It was another 3 months before I was strong enough to compete, although I never regained the lateral speed I once had and needed for throwing the big guys around.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Will Tanguay actually be ready by fall practice? As someone who destroyed his knee (which included the ACL, MCL and meniscus) 15 years ago, it took about 9 months before I was allowed by the USOTC staff to actually step back on a mat. It was another 3 months before I was strong enough to compete, although I never regained the lateral speed I once had and needed for throwing the big guys around.
    Klieman said in his press conference, in regard to Tanguay, that they'd "turn him loose" this summer. I believe he mentioned 5/1 as the forecasted date that Tanguay should be a full go for working out. So I don't think there's any doubt he'll be ready for fall camp unless he has a setback over the summer.

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

How our offense will perform under our new OC is a big concern. I hate to see Easton running more than what is necessary.

Also our DB tackling and not allowing yards after contact will be a big issue.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    How our offense will perform under our new OC is a big concern. I hate to see Easton running more than what is necessary.

Also our DB tackling and not allowing yards after contact will be a big issue.
    I think Coach Mess said he doesn't want Easton taking unnecessary hits.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1993bison View Post
    I think Coach Mess said he doesn't want Easton taking unnecessary hits.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    I agree with him. Easton should take only necessary hits.

Friggin' coachspeak.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Hopefully Easton runs the ball quite a bit! That is by far his strength. Having him as a big time threat to run the ball in the backfield is a huge weapon and one that needs to be taken advantage of! There are other QBs on the roster that can throw the ball as well as him, or there better damn well be! His strengths need to be taken advantage of. If we are worried about him getting injured or anybody getting injured, then why put them out there?

Quote Originally Posted by bisontown View Post
    Hopefully Easton runs the ball quite a bit! That is by far his strength. Having him as a big time threat to run the ball in the backfield is a huge weapon and one that needs to be taken advantage of! There are other QBs on the roster that can throw the ball as well as him, or there better damn well be! His strengths need to be taken advantage of. If we are worried about him getting injured or anybody getting injured, then why put them out there?
    WE are in the minority on this issue, but I agree with you. His ability to run is one of his best traits so let him run (when the game is in doubt). Never understood that thought process. Like saying Bruce is one of our best offensive players but we want to limit his touches so he doesn't get hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by GenX View Post
    WE are in the minority on this issue, but I agree with you. His ability to run is one of his best traits so let him run (when the game is in doubt). Never understood that thought process. Like saying Bruce is one of our best offensive players but we want to limit his touches so he doesn't get hurt.
    You have a fine line on running your QB too much. If he get hurt you regret it. Need him healthy and protected. You don't risk your season so you get a few extra yards. I like the scrambles more than the called runs.

Quote Originally Posted by TwinCityBison View Post
    You have a fine line on running your QB too much. If he get hurt you regret it. Need him healthy and protected. You don't risk your season so you get a few extra yards. I like the scrambles more than the called runs.
    Its a fine line to running him to much or to little. You have to be able to make that D account for him and the linebackers and safeties take that split second to make the read and force them into decisions that either take them out of the play or allow the Oline or FB time to be in position to take them out of the play or force a mismatch that the O has the upper hand. Then you have to have a QB with the smarts and athleticism to make them pay when they make the wrong decision.