Page 32 of 48 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Bison

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2017 Bison

Helped their RB was a beast too. Or we made him look really good.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    Helped their RB was a beast too. Or we made him look really good.
    Combination. He was fast and could get by/through defenders some but he went untouched. 2011,13 or even possibly last year I doubt he makes 100 yards

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Combination. He was fast and could get by/through defenders some but he went untouched. 2011,13 or even possibly last year I doubt he makes 100 yards
    I haven't rewatched the game yet, but what I remembered the most was Abdullah either running through huge holes after a delayed hand-off or being wide open in the flats. I don't remember one player having that much success against NDSU since Jerick McKinnon.

I've mentioned this before, but to me, NDSU looked like it spent too much energy (physical and emotional) on the previous game against SDSU and didn't look ready to be in a fight with JMU.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I haven't rewatched the game yet, but what I remembered the most was Abdullah either running through huge holes after a delayed hand-off or being wide open in the flats. I don't remember one player having that much success against NDSU since Jerick McKinnon.

I've mentioned this before, but to me, NDSU looked like it spent too much energy (physical and emotional) on the previous game against SDSU and didn't look ready to be in a fight with JMU.
    Offense didn't step up. 17 points ain't gonna cut it against JMU. Offense was at full strength. D was missing Deluca and Tanguay.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

2017 Bison? Bison should be very solid. I'm looking for more consistent play out of the CB's. Secondary was a very young group last year with everyone back this year. Tre is one of the best in the FCS. Some spots to fill in the OL but the OL is always good.

Pretty kick ass version of the Insiders right now.... coach Klieman and coach Kramer have been on so far

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Solid analysis here, and addresses much of what has or was discussed here on the game. I really felt our D played a step slow and that that accounted for many of JMU's explosive plays. That accounts for what he describes, although he doesn't address it. Spot on relative our offensive woes tho:

http://www.footballstudyhall.com/201...madison‬

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would like to see an analysis of how the Bison should have or maybe did attack JMUs defensive scheme. I doubt it would include repeating jet sweeps to the short side.

As others have mentioned, the middle of the field seemed so wide open for the TEs to work but we didn't do it with our scheme last year. Threatening the middle of the field can freeze the safeties and give a WR a step to make a play.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Pretty kick ass version of the Insiders right now.... coach Klieman and coach Kramer have been on so far
    Thought I heard, Coach Klieman say: The Bison might have the best defense in college FB.
    Hey Barkeep, another round of the green stuff for me and my buddies!

Quote Originally Posted by 1993bison View Post
    Offense didn't step up. 17 points ain't gonna cut it against JMU. Offense was at full strength. D was missing Deluca and Tanguay.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    That's true except for the part where they scored 17 unanswered points to tie the game up. What was weird is that during the short scoring period, NDSU changed their normal game-plan and threw a bunch of different looks at JMU. Then when they tied it up and got the INT on JMU's side of the field, NDSU went back to their normal game-plan that wasn't working at the beginning of the game.

It was pretty mind-boggling to me and why I have a hard time rewatching the game. I'm not going to put a ton of blame on the players on this game. Yes, the lack offense affected the defense. And what affected the offense? Not adapted the whole game.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Bison View Post
    I would like to see an analysis of how the Bison should have or maybe did attack JMUs defensive scheme. I doubt it would include repeating jet sweeps to the short side.

As others have mentioned, the middle of the field seemed so wide open for the TEs to work but we didn't do it with our scheme last year. Threatening the middle of the field can freeze the safeties and give a WR a step to make a play.
    This seemed to be an ongoing issue last year. Any chance that Easton's height affects his ability to see his TEs? With as much talent we have at the position, it should be used way more often, even it just gains four to five yards.
    Hail the BISON!!!