Thread: 2017 Bison

Default Re: 2017 Bison

Fair shot NDSU, UND, and SDSU are all seeded

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    One of those is not like the others....

NDSU shouldn't lose a game else the season is a failure with this defense and a 3rd year QB
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    I still don't see UND making the playoffs. If they had beaten more than one quasi-good team (Cal-POLY) last year, I would be giving them more credit this upcoming season. Instead, they barely beat terrible teams in the regular season and then lost a home playoff game to team that was playing back-to-back weeks with many back-ups, while the F'Hawkers had a three week rest.

This year, they won't catch anyone by surprise and will have to deal with having a target on their backs by the rest of the Big Sky Conference.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Jacks do have an impressive starting line up on offensive this year. How is their depth at key positions though? It's a long season, and the Bison have had to overcome losses to key positions almost every championship year.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Jacks do have an impressive starting line up on offensive this year. How is their depth at key positions though? It's a long season, and the Bison have had to overcome losses to key positions almost every championship year.
    That is the cornerstone of your program...your depth, next man up is always so good. Our depth should be as strong as it has ever been, but it still is yet to be tested. The biggest questions we have IMO are at DE and OLB. I wouldn't be surprised if several true freshman are playing quality minutes. Stig generally has 2-3 true freshman playing, this year it could be as many as 6-7.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I still don't see UND making the playoffs. If they had beaten more than one quasi-good team (Cal-POLY) last year, I would be giving them more credit this upcoming season. Instead, they barely beat terrible teams in the regular season and then lost a home playoff game to team that was playing back-to-back weeks with many back-ups, while the F'Hawkers had a three week rest.

This year, they won't catch anyone by surprise and will have to deal with having a target on their backs by the rest of the Big Sky Conference.
    UND will likely lose to Utah, who is probably pretty good, but actually I have no idea. On paper that is probably a loss. They also have two Missouri Valley bottom feeders to play in non conference. If they stub their toe against he worst in the Missouri Valley, they are in trouble. Eastern Washington is good. I don't care how many guys they lost, their O Line is back and their QB is legit. THey know how to score and like "most" Big Sky teams, they absolutely forget about defense. My point, is they need some quality wins to get the seed they need. playing two bad Missouri Valley teams will be a test for them. They already play like a Missouri Valley team. Bubba is a great fit for the valley as that is how he coaches.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

some good 2017 talk on Bison 1660 today and yesterday...

NDSU QB Coach Randy Hedberg 7 - 25 - 17
    https://soundcloud.com/user-74421198...edberg-7-25-17

NDSU Safeties Coach, Joe Klanderman on "The BrakeDown" Monday, July 24th
    https://soundcloud.com/user-74421198...nday-july-24th

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    UND will likely lose to Utah, who is probably pretty good, but actually I have no idea. On paper that is probably a loss. They also have two Missouri Valley bottom feeders to play in non conference. If they stub their toe against he worst in the Missouri Valley, they are in trouble. Eastern Washington is good. I don't care how many guys they lost, their O Line is back and their QB is legit. THey know how to score and like "most" Big Sky teams, they absolutely forget about defense. My point, is they need some quality wins to get the seed they need. playing two bad Missouri Valley teams will be a test for them. They already play like a Missouri Valley team. Bubba is a great fit for the valley as that is how he coaches.
    UND game versus USD will be huge for them. And sadly for UND, I would bet money this is the year Nielson makes a jump into the top 1/2 of the conference and pumps them up.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    UND game versus USD will be huge for them. And sadly for UND, I would bet money this is the year Nielson makes a jump into the top 1/2 of the conference and pumps them up.
    Vermillion or el forko??
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant