Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Bison

Default Re: 2017 Bison

Postseason team is the one that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Yeah - there are 10 teams, though, and no 2nd team chosen, only honorable mention.
    There are only 3 OL on the honorable mention list, so Austin Kuhnert being 1 of those 3 gives him good early recognition.
    Perhaps one of the young Rams will step forward during conference play and get some post-season A-C mention.
    Nice to see Shep & RJ as 2 of the 3 WR's on the honorable mention list as well...especially given how little we throw compared to most of the other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Is some of this Bison fatigue again? With SDSU having a legit team are the voters eager to put names in a list that aren't NDSU players? Just asking, I haven't thought too much about it and don't think that NDSU should get players on the list simply because they are "the big bad Bison".
    From a Jack fans perspective, some of that is likely, especially with the Oline picks. However, you have to recognize TC, Goedert, and Wieneke. Our center is a preseason All American, the fb is going to likely have a shot in the NFL from what I'm seeing (not on sdsufans either btw), and Mengarelli led the conference in all purpose yards last year. Our offense should be the Ying to your defensive Yang this year. It returns every player besides a OT who split time with a true freshman and our #3 receiver. That's from a unit that was considered to be one of the best in the country. So I'm not surprised, much like I'm not surprised the bison dominated the defensive side.

In the end it will all shake out during the season anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Remember Hunters Safety-Treat Every Hunter as if He Were Loaded

NDSU has always been low on this pre season team crap, who cares we still own the division, our guys don't need personal recognition they have rings earned by the TEAM
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 76 View Post
    From a Jack fans perspective, some of that is likely, especially with the Oline picks. However, you have to recognize TC, Goedert, and Wieneke. Our center is a preseason All American, the fb is going to likely have a shot in the NFL from what I'm seeing (not on sdsufans either btw), and Mengarelli led the conference in all purpose yards last year. Our offense should be the Ying to your defensive Yang this year. It returns every player besides a OT who split time with a true freshman and our #3 receiver. That's from a unit that was considered to be one of the best in the country. So I'm not surprised, much like I'm not surprised the bison dominated the defensive side.

All solid points. Would have loved to have had the Jacks offensive weapons last year late in the season.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Anything short of a finals appearance for SDSU and it will be a letdown IMO. This is the best team you've EVER had, if Stig can't win with them, good luck. Control your own destiny and make sure the road doesn't run through Fargo and we'll beat that ass in Frisco instead
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Can't argue with any of that and as Endzone said, if you guys don't make it to Frisco this year, might as well fold the team up and stay a basketball school

Power offense vs power defense. That's why we all love football.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    All solid points. Would have loved to have had the Jacks offensive weapons last year late in the season.
    Would have loved to have the Bison defense last year xlolx

Like the other guys said, if Frisco doesn't happen this year, it's likely a let down. At least to me. This year will be a major turning point for the program. Either it will be a year that is the coming out party for the program from being a solid top 25 team year in and year out to being a national power, or it will show that it's more of the same. With the excitement around several home games this year (I couldn't find a hotel room in Brookings for Hobo Day, a month ago) this season could really be the start of building the fanbase to places people never would have dreamed.

Anyways, I'm torn on what I want. Part of me wants an all XDSU championship and part of me wants you guys to have to come to Brookings in the playoffs and have your season end there to get a taste of what it's been like for us SDSU fans. Preseason, a time to dream I guess.

Remember Hunters Safety-Treat Every Hunter as if He Were Loaded

Anyways, I'm torn on what I want. Part of me wants an all XDSU championship and part of me wants you guys to have to come to Brookings in the playoffs and have your season end there to get a taste of what it's been like for us SDSU fans. Preseason, a time to dream I guess.
    Regular season game may decide the home field for the playoffs. JMU will likely have a lot to say about the potential Frisco matchup; SDSU and NDSU will likely have to be clear 1 and 2 seeds for the committee to actually put them there. Otherwise it's too easy for the committee to shuffle them around to meet in the semi's.