Page 35 of 48 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Bison

Default Re: 2017 Bison

Quote Originally Posted by GenX View Post
    WE are in the minority on this issue, but I agree with you. His ability to run is one of his best traits so let him run (when the game is in doubt). Never understood that thought process. Like saying Bruce is one of our best offensive players but we want to limit his touches so he doesn't get hurt.
    Bruce also has backups who are equally as good as himself though. The QB is so huge though. It's the only position on the team that touches the ball on every single play. But yeah you need to run your QB and can't be over protective... I dont think most injuries happen on designed runs. It's the blindside crushing hits that seem to do that. Heck Wentz broke his hand on the lamest play ever

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Bruce also has backups who are equally as good as himself though. The QB is so huge though. It's the only position on the team that touches the ball on every single play. But yeah you need to run your QB and can't be over protective... I dont think most injuries happen on designed runs. It's the blindside crushing hits that seem to do that. Heck Wentz broke his hand on the lamest play ever
    I'm not positive, but I think Easton's back injury happened while getting smashed in or around the pocket during the Iowa game. Their defense was pretty brutal towards him.

He's got to be a little more smart like Peyton Manning and just "fall down."

Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I'm not positive, but I think Easton's back injury happened while getting smashed in or around the pocket during the Iowa game. Their defense was pretty brutal towards him.

He's got to be a little more smart like Peyton Manning and just "fall down."

Problem in college is you can't get up once you fall like peyton did. I agree that he needs to run at times but most should be to buy time or if the play breaks down. Can't call 15-20 designed runs and expect it not to have an effect over the course of Ann entire year. He also needs to be smart and get out of bounds or slide before taking those big hits. Hopefully he can really improve his passing this off-season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    Problem in college is you can't get up once you fall like peyton did. I agree that he needs to run at times but most should be to buy time or if the play breaks down. Can't call 15-20 designed runs and expect it not to have an effect over the course of Ann entire year. He also needs to be smart and get out of bounds or slide before taking those big hits. Hopefully he can really improve his passing this off-season.
    Stick is bigger than all of our running backs and he probably delivers more shots than he takes. I worry more about his throwing hand getting hurt than getting tackled.

But I do agree that 15-20 designed runs is probably too much. Then again look at how many carries out option QBs like Bentrim and Simdorn got back in the day and they rarely seemed to get hurt

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Stick is bigger than all of our running backs and he probably delivers more shots than he takes. I worry more about his throwing hand getting hurt than getting tackled.

But I do agree that 15-20 designed runs is probably too much. Then again look at how many carries out option QBs like Bentrim and Simdorn got back in the day and they rarely seemed to get hurt
    They weren't relied on as much in the veer system to throw. That's why injuries are more of an issue with Easton and Carson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm really not that worried if Stick gets hurt. Cole Davis is a damn good back up for a FCS team, IMO. I was much more nervous during Wentz's first year as I wasn't sure if Easton or Cole were ready at that point.

If Davis went down as well, I would be worried tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by GOD
    Hail the Bison!

Davis is one of the guys that I'm looking forward to watching in the spring game.

He's been in the system a long time and I have the feeling that he could open some eyes if he gets a shot in a primary role.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Davis hasn't really had to show anything so it's difficult to gauge how good he really is.

Lots of good stuff on Bison 1660 Yesterday and today.

Yesterday they had our new Offensive Coordinator Courtney Messingham on The Insiders. Connor Riley, and Christian Dudzik were on the Brakedown. The Podcasts are up and in the podcasts thread if you need a link.

Today should be a great show today with Coach Klieman on The Insiders. Then after the Brakedown from 4-6, they have a Pro Day recap show from 6-7 pm tonight.

Henry Van Dellen has been great in camp so far, get ready to be impressed!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?