Page 29 of 48 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Bison

Default Re: 2017 Bison

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Wouldn't the interior depth chart be....Tanguay/Morgan and Stiedl/Williams?
    That is what I was thinking also just wondering if his development had come along far enough to push him up there.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Wes Welker ran a 4.65 so I don't think it's that big of deal....
    Speed at WR is not an end all be all..... agility, (the ability to separate), hands (the ability to catch the 50/50), IQ ( the ability to read the defense) and anticipation (knowing what your QB is going to do) are more important that straight line speed.

If you are running a 4.2 but wrong route tree, speed doesn't matter.
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    Speed at WR is not an end all be all..... agility, (the ability to separate), hands (the ability to catch the 50/50), IQ ( the ability to read the defense) and anticipation (knowing what your QB is going to do) are more important that straight line speed.

If you are running a 4.2 but wrong route tree, speed doesn't matter.
    Agree big time. Fast speed doesn't always lead to great functionality. I would compare it power lifters who can lift a ton of weight, but lack the flexibility to do normal day tasks, let alone wipe their own butts.

Cooper Kupp might not be the best receiver in the draft, but on the right team, he might have the best career of those getting drafted this year. Prior to the EWU game, I thought his numbers were inflated because of all the terrible defenses in the Big Sky. After the game (or half a game), I could see he was a very good receiver with a ton versatility. Coaches like Belichick, will have great uses for him.
    Hail the BISON!!!

17 roster is up, lots of changes. Biegler moved to DT, guessing because Hubbs is not listed. C Volson up to 300.....Grimsley put on 10 lbs. Brinkmans weight must be a typo!
    Looks like several players have moved on: Dan Sargeant, Kurt Mattox, Max Polson, Frandsen, Hawkins, Isaac Cenescar, Peter Olson, Connor Hubbs, Bennet and Devan Rindy, Steven Nava. Good luck to those guys, and thanks for your contributions to Bison football.

Younger Volson and Michael Kelly each put on 30+ lbs, Radunz and Kubas each added 22, Jabril Cox is 6-3 230 already, Cofield and Purifoy each over 200.

OL will likely have Kuhnert, Tanner Volson, Conner, and Zach Johnson, plus someone else. Of those 4, Kuhnert is the smallest listed at 6-4 303.

Quote Originally Posted by DM05 View Post
    Looks like several players have moved on: Dan Sargeant, Kurt Mattox, Max Polson, Frandsen, Hawkins, Isaac Cenescar, Peter Olson, Connor Hubbs, Bennet and Devan Rindy, Steven Nava. Good luck to those guys, and thanks for your contributions to Bison football.

Younger Volson and Michael Kelly each put on 30+ lbs, Radunz and Kubas each added 22, Jabril Cox is 6-3 230 already, Cofield and Purifoy each over 200.

OL will likely have Kuhnert, Tanner Volson, Conner, and Zach Johnson, plus someone else. Of those 4, Kuhnert is the smallest listed at 6-4 303.
    Was hoping to see what Hubbs and Sargeant could do.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I might be wrong, but he three in bold were on scholarship. I think the rest were walkons.

I can promise you Michael Kelly didnt put on 30 pounds. A bit of a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake View Post
    I can promise you Michael Kelly didnt put on 30 pounds. A bit of a stretch.
    Fall 2016 roster has him coming in at 265. Updated spring roster has him at 296.

I'm going to enjoy watching Deluca and Cox wreck havoc this season as huge, fast LBs.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Not sure why the Rindy's are not on gobison but they are still on the team.