Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU Post Game Thoughts

Default Re: JMU Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by csgame View Post
    CK is fine, but I do think the coaches and players were not focused on beating JMU and still seemed satisfied with being able to beat SDSU last weekend. That win was great and all, but I believe both the coaches and players under performed last night partly thinking the opposition was going to not show up.

I think you are dead wrong.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Madisonmen View Post
    Nice run guys but someone needs to teach you to lose with class.
    Merry Christmas.
    Try behaving before the game and after winning with some before you criticize anyone..
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by jmuroadkill View Post
    My Post-Game thought is to Thank NDSU fans and the greater Fargo community for making us feel welcomed and for the hospitality extended to us before and AFTER the game. Folks went out of their way to say hello to us during our tourist time in and about town on Thursday and Friday. Frankly we are not accustomed to that and initially wondered if it was "For Real", but when it happened over and over again, it is real and it was nice. I never get tired of receiving a friendly hello and a welcome to our town greeting.

After the game, folks lined up to where our little group was standing to congratulate us and wish us well. Amazing classy folks! ( Hopefully our JMU folks in attendance bring some of that back and use it when we are hosting games in the future.)
    Thanks for your post. You seem like a great fan and even a better person. Wish some other JMU posters were as classy. On the other hand, Madisonmen wore out her welcome here a long time ago. NDSU is a great team and at this point JMU is very good. JMU won but didn't blow NDSU out as most of the JMU message board predicted (NDSU was not going to win every playoff game for much longer). Only time will tell who in the future will be going deep in the playoffs and winning championships. I am confident NDSU will be a contender most every year.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    Whoever is teaching these kids is doing a terrible job. Easton play action passing technique is terrible. It may not be his fault. It could be that the coaches are not teaching him correctly. Here's an example.

Go to 2:17:51 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klL8QRXtd1k it is 3rd and 13, 4th qrt 8minutes remaining we are trailing UNI. The Center snaps the ball. Carson takes two steps back and fires a bullet to his WR in the end zone. Carson never takes his eyes off of his receivers downfield.

Against JMU two days ago, 1st and 10, 4:29 minutes remaining in the 4th Qrtr

Go to 2:12:11 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFXdf2SyOMU . Center snaps the ball, Easton gets the ball and runs in the opposite direction . Then he turns arround and finds his WR and throws a deep ball that is completely Off target.

Carson never did that, why would a QB turn his back and not keep his eyes on his WRs. This is a big flaw.
    What are you John Gruden now?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I'm happy with our season and how the boys played. The offensive play calling wasn't the greatest (especially 4th quarter) but with that said, our guys were simply outmatched skill wise. From the blocking, to the passing, to the receivers getting open. That's not to say that our guys did a bad job or anything, they gave it all they had and were just outmatched by a bit. JMU is much better than I thought. The one part of the game that I thought they couldn't compete with NDSU is the part of the game that they dominated the most; controlling our offensive line and our blocking schemes. They completely shut our lines (O and D) down and out blocked us. Watch the replays. Our guys missed blocks all night and that's why our plays fell apart. JMU is fast, strong, and most of all very organized. They work as a team and they are good at it. Congrats to JMU and thank you NDSU players for the great year!!!

Quote Originally Posted by awBison View Post
    I'm happy with our season and how the boys played. The offensive play calling wasn't the greatest (especially 4th quarter) but with that said, our guys were simply outmatched skill wise. From the blocking, to the passing, to the receivers getting open. That's not to say that our guys did a bad job or anything, they gave it all they had and were just outmatched by a bit. JMU is much better than I thought. The one part of the game that I thought they couldn't compete with NDSU is the part of the game that they dominated the most; controlling our offensive line and our blocking schemes. They completely shut our lines (O and D) down and out blocked us. Watch the replays. Our guys missed blocks all night and that's why our plays fell apart. JMU is fast, strong, and most of all very organized. They work as a team and they are good at it. Congrats to JMU and thank you NDSU players for the great year!!!
    I wouldn't say outmatched; they are certainly capable of matching up to anybody in FCS. I'd say they under-executed. The short week for them took one day of prep away also which contributed to them under-executing. They were close in the end, maybe that extra day would have helped.

The way JMU committed everyone to the flow of play direction I guarantee a reverse would have gone for huge yards or a TD. Why couldn't Polisek, or any other coach see that? How about counters and trap plays just to mix things up in the middle? The straight ahead crap wasn't working. Make a fricking adjustment!
    How about this for a novel idea. Quit doing the crap that doesn't work, and expand on the stuff that does! Do the bison have an assistant that tracks play success, and if they do, does it get compiled and used during the game? Since passes to TE's and RB's worked they should have been used more often. And please Polisek, except in a rare case, stop running Dunn up the middle.......his speed is made for running outside.
    Last edited by SDbison; 12-19-2016 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cx500d View Post
    I wouldn't say outmatched; they are certainly capable of matching up to anybody in FCS. I'd say they under-executed. The short week for them took one day of prep away also which contributed to them under-executing. They were close in the end, maybe that extra day would have helped.
    I would say they were out smarted. Going to the well way too often with the same plays. JMU was well coached and well conditioned and they only had to execute what they came prepared to do. There were NO wrinkles and close to ZERO adjustments made by Bison coaches. The Bison were very predictable and ran into a team that was very good and gambled Bison coaches would not stray from their usual game plan. Not to mention, the Bison really don't have a standout offensive player that can often make things happen on their own.

Here are my final thoughts as I am done with this game. Was a great run, but with some adjustments it could have continued. This game was lost when the Bison failed to score after the interception when the Bison had just come back and tied the game at 17-17. JMU looked lost and we let them off the hook......gave them confidence as the inept Bison offensive game plan reared its ugly head. Do any of you think Polisek learned anything, or will make any adjustments for next year? Based on past trends I think not. Unless someone special on offense can frequently create big plays the Bison will see the same result more often.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

During this run the Bison were often not the most athletic or talented team. What they were was well coached, smart, and fundamentally sound. That is what has slipped the past two years. Carson largely made up for that but now that he's gone it shows.