Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU Post Game Thoughts

Default Re: JMU Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by JMU DLS View Post
    JMU just won in the FargoDome and you're picking EWU on a neutral field?
    EWU probably should have beat us with a healthy defense. So I can see it.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Klieman is the leader of a very classy bunch of dudes. I had a feeling this would be a tough year with the injuries and still a pretty young team. Next year, we have more time to reload!

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmakesthegrassgrow View Post
    The players lost with class plus, your team not so much.
    Please Tell me what you found classless.....push-ups after a touchdown?

Secondary is mess that is unlikely to get better. Losing Stumpf and Pierre is not going to help our defense. The only major light that I see is our dline barring a few games has played well and I think that another year to get bigger and faster will help Butler, Tanguay and Menard.

Cam is streaky at best. Koonce has grown on me as the season has continued and after I stopped looking at him through Lecompte colored glasses I have come to appreciate his skill and I think he will get better.

On offense King and Morlock will be large misses in my opinion. I respect both Anderson and Dunn just don't run through people like King in Morlock. Plankers and Zach also were some large men on the OL that will be hard to replace. The o line this year never seemed to have the same push that I have become accustomed to. Stick, in my humble opinion, is very overrated. He is a poor game manager, a poor passer with poor decision making skills. I hope that he will progress but I hope that someone, even if it is his him, comes forward as an accurate passer and game manager.

As for this game I thought we should have milked that wheel route until they started stopping it. Defensive line played the pass well and the run terribly and while Grimsley can catch I think i have seen him whiff on more tackles than he actually makes. Defense kept it close, but trusting Cam after the first kick was a mistake and poor play calling with time winding down killed us in the end. I am curious if we will continue to run 4 backs next year or if we will go back to running just 2 with Anderson and Dunn.

Polisuck lost this game for us with shitty calls that he has been selecting since he got here. Wentz was good enough to win in spite of him, Stick is not.

perthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I feel the same way. I was really hoping we'd complete the comeback after Abdullah's pushups and someone on the JMU bench chanting "It's over."
    These guys might win one this year but your post sums why they will never achieve a run of them

JMU is really good. Props. Overall a great season and the end of the most amazing run in college football history. With all the injuries we had, I think we played pretty well. The only thing I'm pissed about is all the blown assignments. I won't harp on Polasek. Players need to execute.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by JMU DLS View Post
    JMU just won in the FargoDome and you're picking EWU on a neutral field?
    EWU should have beat us when we had a full strength defense. You just beats us, no excuses. But you put up 27 ypoints on our d that was missing 2 all Americans and 2 all conference players. Our offense has been shitting the bed all year, so the fact that you held us to 17 doesn't mean much. EWU, in good weather, is going to be tough to stop. You guys will score on them but they have another gear. Either way, should be a good game. You should be celebrating and not arguing with the losing fan base. Congrats on the win and great year.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Ya know...our O didn't play the best...and our D linemen let a few runs through....but I place the blame for the loss, disregarding officials on the two plays mentioned, on the secondary...as all year long...they were lost. Other team always has wide open receivers....in many cases, just standing there waiting for the ball. They have time to wait for the ball to get to them. We don't have anything close to CJ or Marcus Williams.

Negatives:
    The offense lacks explosive playmakers, especially at WR
    Stick is merely OK. I even felt he regressed as the year went on. With an OK QB, the D needs to be great to beat good teams like JMU and tonight they gave up way way way too many big plays.
    Complete lack of big special teams plays. Happened all year.
    Polasek. News flash: Play action fakes are useless when down 10 with 5 minutes to go, they simply allow more time for pressure and less time for the QB to read the D...

Positives:
    The ability/attitude to bounce back from getting absolutely throttled early and make it a game.
    5 titles sandwiched between a semifinal and quarterfinal loss. Incredible run
    A ton of talent coming back next year. Easily a top 5 (probably higher) team next year.
    The ability to win so many close games.

Backhanded compliments:
    Grimsley will be better next year...

Good luck to JMU. I'd root for YSU if I were you though.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    EWU should have beat us when we had a full strength defense. You just beats us, no excuses. But you put up 27 ypoints on our d that was missing 2 all Americans and 2 all conference players. Our offense has been shitting the bed all year, so the fact that you held us to 17 doesn't mean much. EWU, in good weather, is going to be tough to stop. You guys will score on them but they have another gear. Either way, should be a good game. You should be celebrating and not arguing with the losing fan base. Congrats on the win and great year.

Fans come here win or lose because their forums always suck. We have more lurkers than most FCS boards have posters.

We really need to move up. We're in a bad situation where we're too big for FCS and too small for FBS.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes