Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU Post Game Thoughts

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: JMU Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    We do have a coach devoted to qbs. Im sure there will be some tape watching and some fine tuning.
    He is only a soph. We expect alot.
    Yeah, I didn't mean to imply that Stick isn't any good, because he is, just that this team missed Carson.

Just wanted to stop by and congratulate you all on the tremendous run of excellence these past 5+ seasons. It was a pleasure watching your team wear down the big boys every year (especially the Kansas State and Iowa games). The swagger you guys showed while representing the FCS brand made me proud. And as a big fan of Nebraska football, I was glad Craig Bohl got a shot as a head coach. He proved his worth and was happy he led Wyoming to a bowl game this year too.

JMU should have a good turnout for the championship. We'll do our best to drink the town dry. Hope we represent well down in Frisco and bring home the hardware. See you next year in the playoffs!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Yeah, I didn't mean to imply that Stick isn't any good, because he is, just that this team missed Carson.
    I know you didnt. I didnt get that from your post. But the coaches are to put the players in the best position to win. Easton has the physical attributes, now the mental side can be fine tuned. Carson likes to study the fine points of the game. Stick shadowed him and probally has that instilled in him. I think the pressure was tremendous. Maybe now the team can have fun (not too much!) and just play the game they love.
    Some of the play calling puzzled me. Even I knew what we were going to do. And I I really questioned clock management.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    The other thing to consider with the run, is the ball has bounced our way, calls have gone our way, injuries have been limited. Other teams are trying to win games but BEAT NDSU. IMHO NDSU has raised the level of play in the FCS and other teams have responded. It makes for better football.
    NDSU will reload and refocus for next year and be back in the hunt for the title again.
    I like to believe this. What I am struggling to resolve is we witnessed NDSU go down to Iowa City and push Iowa around. B1G Iowa. Where did those guys go? Other than the second half of the quarterfinal game I don't think we saw that team again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by cx500d View Post
    I wouldn't say outmatched; they are certainly capable of matching up to anybody in FCS. I'd say they under-executed. The short week for them took one day of prep away also which contributed to them under-executing. They were close in the end, maybe that extra day would have helped.
    Oh cmon we've played in how many Friday games?

Wow, reading the JMU forum and I've never seen fans of an opposing team whine more about the FargoDome noise... after a game that THEY WON.

Wonder if the complaints about an "unfair" homefield advantage would be more or less if the game was played outside that night instead. (I say a retractable roof is a must for the FBS Dome)

And to be clear there is nothing artificial or amplified about it. No announcer or band or speakers are playing during the snap, just a fanbase supporting their team.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    During this run the Bison were often not the most athletic or talented team. What they were was well coached, smart, and fundamentally sound. That is what has slipped the past two years. Carson largely made up for that but now that he's gone it shows.
    What other teams were more talented? Georgia Southern?

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Wow, reading the JMU forum and I've never seen fans of an opposing team whine more about the FargoDome noise... after a game that THEY WON.

Wonder if the complaints about an "unfair" homefield advantage would be more or less if the game was played outside that night instead. (I say a retractable roof is a must for the FBS Dome)

And to be clear there is nothing artificial or amplified about it. No announcer or band or speakers are playing during the snap, just a fanbase supporting their team.
    Gotta be kidding me...the respect I had for them is gone..unreal

Quote Originally Posted by Madisonmen View Post
    Congrats on a great run, there's a new Sherrif in town, maybe we can start a streak??!
    Easy there pardner, it's more like Paul Blart, Mall Cop, got a promotion.

Seriously though, JMU has a great team and played a great game. Every streak starts with the first one, better get it done!

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post

Funny thing is we play with more crispness, soundness and intensity on the road (just look at our P5 games) than at home...which is why almost all of our losses are home games.